compact Range officer 9mm

none

I think I'd like to get one as well, but I'm still having too much fun with the RIA 9 I got. And have a compact tactical RIA 9 in line ahead of it at the moment.

Not saying either are better than the Springer, just what I got into first.

I think I'd like to get one as well, but I'm still having too much fun with the RIA 9 I got. And have a compact tactical RIA 9 in line ahead of it at the moment.

I just ordered a RIA 9mm tac compact… hopefully be here next week!

I am looking for basically a range fun gun. For some reason my ammo locker has a disproportionate amount of 9mm right now lol

I used to have a Dan Wesson Pointman 9 and I have a friend who has another Dan Wesson 9mm.  I have had a couple of RIA 1911s that shot 9mms.  Why spend a boatload of cash on a 9mm 1911 when you can get a Citadel Legacy (made by Armscor who makes RIA) for less than 400 before tax? Knowing what I know now I would always opt for a Armscor-made 1911 before I would shell out big money for "big" name 1911 unless I needed a purpose-made custom 1911. I know a guy who has over 50 1911s and I am sure he would say I am full of it, although he did have 4 Armscor 1911s in that count at one time and at least one of my parts builds.

• Like 1

I used to have a Dan Wesson Pointman 9 and I have a friend who has another Dan Wesson 9mm.  I have had a couple of RIA 1911s that shot 9mms.  Why spend a boatload of cash on a 9mm 1911 when you can get a Citadel Legacy (made by Armscor who makes RIA) for less than 400 before tax? Knowing what I know now I would always opt for a Armscor-made 1911 before I would shell out big money for "big" name 1911 unless I needed a purpose-made custom 1911. I know a guy who has over 50 1911s and I am sure he would say I am full of it, although he did have 4 Armscor 1911s in that count at one time and at least one of my parts builds.

That's it exactly. Its not going to be used for anything other than recreational plinking. While I appreciate my Professional it fills a far different role. So yeah I would not mind a Dan Wesson but reality check here I don't need to spend $1400 plus just to pick off tin cans and clay pigeons. I am going to take a look at the RIA'S. And the Armscor.

I have the RIA "GI" version. It's the plain full size 1911 with no extra bells and whistles. It functions fine and shoots fine. Like graycrait said , its way less in price than the big brands. I was a little "iffy" about a Phillipino 1911 but I took the leap and now I love it. Try the Compact version , you'll like it and your wallet will too.

The only guys who I know who must carry SA Pros are FBI SWAT and I suppose HRT might also. My Illinois based FBI SWAT buddy has a couple of Pros, one is usually in the shop due to their inability to hold up to serious training use.

Guns break. Anyone who owns a pro knows they are the real deal.

Guns break. Anyone who owns a pro knows they are the real deal.

Todate I have no issues with mine its been about 3 months. I must admit initially I was not thrilled about the transition. After the initial skepticism and evtensive use I got over not being sure about it. Quite simply it works and its far from a safequeen.

Citadel's are a great value. I purchase one in 9mm and converted to 38 super. Very accurate pistol and half the price of a Colt in 38 Super even after the conversion.

Did you order from Bud's? I was looking this morning at some 1911 prices and they are pretty good.

Getting really temped by the RIA 5" in 38Super at 433.

Actually I ordered it from Grabagun.com, as they usually have better prices than Buds and don't charge credit card fees (and $6 flat rate shipping).  I don't think they have any in stock that I bought at the moment.  I got an alert they had 2 in stock on Thursday, so I ordered one quickly, as they hadn't had any in stock in a while… This is my 4th purchase from them, and they've always done great.

Looks like out of stock again...

http://grabagun.com/armscor-ria-1911-tactii-semi-auto-handgun-9mm-8rd-cs.html

They have some other RIAs in stock though.

http://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns-for-sale/semi-automatic-handguns-for-sale.html?manufacturer=2324

Looks like they have the normal 5in 38 Super in stock right now at $427.35

http://grabagun.com/armscor-ri-1911-38sup-5-9rd-prkd.html

Hard to beat with the $6 flat rate shipping and can use a credit card with no fees.

Edited by cjohnson44546

I know a guy who has over 50 1911s and I am sure he would say I am full of it, although he did have 4 Armscor 1911s in that count at one time and at least one of my parts builds.

This sounds like friend of mine in West Virgina. While there are one or two high dollar ones in his collection, he shoots and speaks of his Springfields and RIA more than any of them.

Which one? I perused their website but didn't find one.

After looking, the only one I saw now is the T4 and it looks more like a CCO, officers frame with a 3.8"bbl, slightly longer than an officers barrel but not quite as long as a commander.

It was never something that I personally had an interest in and didn't really pay that close of attention to, just thought I remembered Nighthawk having one.

I was thinking it was a full sized commander. Edited by nightrunner

Actually I ordered it from Grabagun.com, as they usually have better prices than Buds and don't charge credit card fees (and $6 flat rate shipping).  I don't think they have any in stock that I bought at the moment.  I got an alert they had 2 in stock on Thursday, so I ordered one quickly, as they hadn't had any in stock in a while… This is my 4th purchase from them, and they've always done great.

Looks like out of stock again...
http://grabagun.com/armscor-ria-1911-tactii-semi-auto-handgun-9mm-8rd-cs.html

They have some other RIAs in stock though.
http://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns-for-sale/semi-automatic-handguns-for-sale.html?manufacturer=2324

Looks like they have the normal 5in 38 Super in stock right now at $427.35
http://grabagun.com/armscor-ri-1911-38sup-5-9rd-prkd.html
Hard to beat with the $6 flat rate shipping and can use a credit card with no fees.

I"ve ordered from them before. Haven't checked model to model prices on them this morning, yet. lol