Military Rules for the Non-Military Personnel

Guest RISC777

Guest RISC777

Older, probably read before by many, but still . . .

1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ass.

2. When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest... kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a Disabled Veteran kicks their ass.

4. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).

5. If you witness someone calling the U.S. Coast Guard non military, inform them of their mistake...and kick their ass.

6. Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper...it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.

7. Next time Old Glory (U.S. flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her...of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.

8. What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.

9. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)

10. "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ass!

11. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.

12. Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your ass kicked.

13. Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

4. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).

No, but only the cool ones do. :P

:rolleyes::usa:

Guest FNandGlock

AMEN !! I love the people of America and what it is suppose to stand for. I served in the Marines, Army waiting on the wife to get back from Iraq and when she does I think I will join the Navy for 4 years then the air force for 4 years that will give me 16 and finish up with 4 in the coast guard. I think that will be cool. GOD bless America we have the freedom to do that !!

Guest tcampbell
No, but only the cool ones do. :P

:rolleyes::usa:

I'll be sure and tell members of my family and friends in Iraq that they aren't cool because they are in the Air Force and don't fly jets. I am sure they will really appreciate that.

Guest bkelm18
I'll be sure and tell members of my family and friends in Iraq that they aren't cool because they are in the Air Force and don't fly jets. I am sure they will really appreciate that.

In the meantime, perhaps you'll find your sense of humor. :rolleyes:

Guest tcampbell

I have a sense of humor...just not when it comes to comments like that about military personel...joking or not. They sacrifice enough for our country and comments like that are not needed nor necessary.

From now on...I'll just keep my mouth shut....would that make you happy ?

Guest bkelm18
I have a sense of humor...just not when it comes to comments like that about military personel...joking or not. They sacrifice enough for our country and comments like that are not needed nor necessary.

I was in the military myself. I served my country dutifully and proudly onboard a warship. If I choose to poke fun at my fellow service members I will do so without worry of offending people. Trust me, they are big boys and girls, they can handle it. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Edited by bkelm18
No, but only the cool ones do. :rofl:

:up::D

It's amazing how many overly arrogant pilots have had all their belongs go missing when they move. Might have something to do with pissing off someone who works in Air Freight. Or not.

"Where's my stuff"

"Well Lieutenant, it appears all your stuff got shipped to the Azores."

"But I was transferred from Eglin to McChord!"

"Hmm. Must've been a misprint on the routing labels. We'll get that fixed ASAP." :rock:

Guest canynracer

Relax. :up:

I'm gonna take it you never served in the military? Believe me I'm fine with any member of the military ribbing me about being in the Army if they so choose, I have friends in every branch. The difference is I know that they would all have my back if the stuff hit the fan. One team, one fight.

Drop the 'tude brother.

Yeah, because some guy on the Internet said so.....

:rolleyes:

..... The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ass.....

Amen!

Everytime I watch a NASCAR race and Dale Jr does not place his hand over his heart during the National Anthem I want to KICK HIS ASS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You would think that with all of the MILLIONS of taxpayer dollars the Army National Guard is paying to put its logo on his car he would at least show some respect for the anthem.

Guest gunnutt
I'm gonna take it you never served in the military? Believe me I'm fine with any member of the military ribbing me about being in the Army if they so choose, I have friends in every branch. The difference is I know that they would all have my back if the stuff hit the fan. One team, one fight.

Drop the 'tude brother.

well ive never been in the military and i would have you back,its an honor thing I THINK,but thanks to all who have served,john

well ive never been in the military and i would have you back,its an honor thing I THINK,but thanks to all who have served,john

Thanks man. It's not a who served vs. who hasn't served kinda thing. It's just inclusive humor I guess. Like the line says about calling someone a squid, grunt, jarhead, flyboy, etc. Those terms are kind of an in-joke and while there are elitists in every branch, the majority know it takes all of us to get the job done.

My problem was someone making an obvious joke and the poster taking it way out of context.

Guest tcampbell
Relax. :rolleyes:

I apologize for having an opinion and thinking that was wrong. That's all I was trying to say. Can't we just agree to disagree. The statement was made and in my opinion it was wrong, in other's opinions it is ok. We are all different, and I am not going to change my opinion on something just because other's think it is ok. I don't expect anyone else to do that either. I appreciate everyone that is serving or has served in the military for their sacrifice.

Edited by tcampbell
I apologize for having an opinion and thinking that was wrong. That's all I was trying to say. End of subject for me. Like I said, from now on, I will keep my mouth shut and join the ranks of the read-only. That doesn't bother me one way or the other.

If you're gonna get your panties in a bunch everytime someone jokes around, that may just be the best thing then.

Guest tcampbell
Thanks man. It's not a who served vs. who hasn't served kinda thing. It's just inclusive humor I guess. Like the line says about calling someone a squid, grunt, jarhead, flyboy, etc. Those terms are kind of an in-joke and while there are elitists in every branch, the majority know it takes all of us to get the job done.

My problem was someone making an obvious joke and the poster taking it way out of context.

I knew it was a joke...I didn't take it out of context. In my opinion, I just did not think it was appropriate. I should have just kept my opinion to myself and kept my mouth shut and next time I will think before posting my opinion. I feel that I have now put myself in a position that I am going to get slammed about this on this post, and that is not what I want. Can we drop it now and just move on ?:rolleyes:

I knew it was a joke...I didn't take it out of context. In my opinion, I just did not think it was appropriate. I should have just kept my opinion to myself and kept my mouth shut and next time I will think before posting my opinion. I feel that I have now put myself in a position that I am going to get slammed about this on this post, and that is not what I want. Can we drop it now and just move on ?:rolleyes:

Different opinions are always ok on here.

At times things someone says will not always be taken the way it was meant. Then when on is taken wrong, they take offense and fire back and so it begins.

I think both sides have addressed this enough so let's move on.

:)

12. Flyboy (Air Force), Jar Head (Marines), Grunt (Army), Squid (Navy) etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your ass kicked.

Don’t leave out our “Knee deep sailor†friends in the CG. :rolleyes:

13. Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

patriot.gif

I have served my county both during wartime in the Military, and at home as a Police Officer.

All those that serve automatically get my respect when sworn in. They have to do something to lose that respect.

Guest RISC777

My reason for the OP is based on patriotism.

Per the dictionary...

* devoted love, support, and defense on one's country; national loyalty (Unabridged)

* love of and devotion to one's country (American Heritage)

* love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it (Princeton)

* devotion to the welfare on one's country; the passion which inspires one to serve one's country (Berkeley)

I went Army, my younger brother went Marines. We kid each other a lot, albeit he a little more strongly since he's one of those "more passionate" type Marines.

Regardless, as has been stated already, it is a joint and unified defense of our Country by all arms / services (at times collectively referred to as "the service") of our military.

With Veteran's Day approaching I thought it not out of place to post the original. My opinion is that the younger people of our nation in many respects need a better grasp of the definition and sense of that word, patriotism. Perhaps we're not teaching these days enough American History concerning the founding of our country.