Bug Out Bag Ideas

Ted S.

The cheapest, best fire starter you can get in dryer lint,....also most hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol based. you can get them on the cheap or free at health fairs. also 0000 steel wool is highly flammable......... you need to get a foodsaver or comparable item. it will pay for itself in the longrun. You can vacuum seal or water proof countless items

Unless it's a red Che shirt. :stir:

713NSp9NZdL._UX522_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Red-Che-Guevara-Large/dp/B0076PN82O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438485304&sr=8-3&keywords=red+che+shirt

I was wearing a bright neon green/yellow shirt yesterday and I thought to myself that I would be an organic pop up target if anything kicked off. Definitely an uneasy feeling wearing a "HERE I AM!" shirt for any would be bad guy to easy see and track me.

Almost as bad as when I was deployed once. We were told we MUST leave our sleeves down because bare arms were not camouflaged enough. No big deal and I completely understand why until they made us wear bright orange, with reflective tape, safety vests so we could be seen by the drivers of cow carts or the Skodas.
Dont forget your PT Belt!...wait, that's Army humor :/

Some other stuff:

- those piano wire saws, theyre really nifty...also good if you want to Mafia-Assassinate your neighbors to take their Girl Scout Cookies during Armageddon

- baby wipes...good for baths, sanitizing, when you have the runs or swamp-ass and for bartering...or for, babies?

- foot powder! Cant hump all that load with chopped meat for feet!

- extra socks: they warm your feet, hands, ears, neck and umm....third leg...also goes with the food powder

- safety pins to dry out your socks and skivvies by pinning then to your ruck

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm not carrying chit, no bug out bag is complete with out one of these..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIaXEMOhihw

No good if there is a CME or EMP event, or really aliens for that matter. Plus, if I had money for one of those, I probably have enough money for an underground shelter!

Then go low tech...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEqM_Yer0Zw

Now that is an idea! Cheap and simple. Still a potential con in the events of Zombie outbreaks and alien invasion (search cattle mutilation and abductions for further reading). But low tech certainly is the way to go.

Bravo for KISS.

Edited by Ted S.

Now that is an idea! Cheap and simple. Still a potential con in the events of Zombie outbreaks and alien invasion (search cattle mutilation and abductions for further reading). But low tech certainly is the way to go.

Bravo for KISS.

It also has 4x4 and a lift standard from the factory. Hear they are reliable but a little cold collared. I've heard that they also don't get many miles per gallon.

It also has 4x4 and a lift standard from the factory. Hear they are reliable but a little cold collared. I've heard that they also don't get many miles per gallon.

Mileage unimportant. The real question is can I get one in Daytona Yellow?

Mileage unimportant. The real question is can I get one in Daytona Yellow?

Sure and if it is made by Dodge try to get them to throw in a spare transmission. What about getting it straight piped or dualed out? You can't have a bad ass vehicle without these things (pun intended). Edited by shotgunshooter

Sure and if it is made by Dodge try to get them to throw in a spare transmission. What about getting it straight piped or dualed out? You can't have a bad ass truck without these things (pun intended).

I don't think the mule would appreciate any of that.

Sure and if it is made by Dodge try to get them to throw in a spare transmission. What about getting it straight piped or dualed out? You can't have a bad ass vehicle without these things (pun intended).

As a person who has spent a lot of time around horses, and other livestock, I can assure you one thing you do not want is a straight pipe or dual exhaust on your donkey. And there are some serious reliability issues with them as well. Think of them as the Land Rover of the equine world, when they are working there is no better but when they decide they have had enough good luck getting them to move.

Using or riding a donkey is like telling a person, who hates being told what to do, what to do. As long as you are nice about it and make it seem like they are in charge all is good but the second they realize you are trying to be in charge they are done doing you bidding.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 1

Using or riding a donkey is like telling a person, who hates being told what to do, what to do. As long as you are nice about it and make it seem like they are in charge all is good but the second they realize you are trying to be in charge they are done doing you bidding.

So what you're saying is married men should be pretty good with one...   

Wait, did I say that out loud?  What I meant was....  

:hiding:

A quick "...there I was" story...

Spring 2002, somewhere between Kandahar Airfield and Kandahar City, our patrol sees a local group walking by, and there is a donkey with the rope for him being held by a kid I would guess is no more than 8-10yrs old.  Donkey was either uncooperative as Dolo mentions, or got spooked by the trucks following our dismounted element, either way, he wasn't moving. 

Kid tugs on the rope, nothing. Kid starts smacking donkey on the rump with a stick (from the side), nothing.  Kid picks up a decent size rock, chucks it full force at donkey's head from about five feet, donkey gets in gear. 

As to what they can and cannot carry, in an environment like that, which a post SHTF America may very well look like, an animal to carry your excess gear and equipment is a decent idea and has many advantages over motor transportation for the long term.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

Well if your concerned about equine or bovine cargo carries then perhaps you could consider a well trained K-9 capable of carrying some gear? If not then go low tech like the Viet Cong did and use a bicycle as the cargo carrying apperatus so that all your doing is walking alongside and pushing it. Thinking about the terrain this was done over and the weight of the gear carried is enough to seriously consider an inexpensive used bicycle and some DIY pack saddles.

• Like 1

Well if your concerned about equine or bovine cargo carries then perhaps you could consider a well trained K-9 capable of carrying some gear? If not then go low tech like the Viet Cong did and use a bicycle as the cargo carrying apperatus so that all your doing is walking alongside and pushing it. Thinking about the terrain this was done over and the weight of the gear carried is enough to seriously consider an inexpensive used bicycle and some DIY pack saddles.

This gave me a great idea. If you can teach a dog to be a mule or horse, why not try training a bear to be a mule or horse?

bear-cavalry.jpg