TGO Fantasy Football League 2015

btq96r

First game tomorrow night.  Between the Patriots and Steelers, plenty of fantasy starters making their season start in it.

Having my friend Alex take over the last team, now known as the "Diaz Holes."  Alex is actually the guy who got me into fantasy football once upon a time.  He won't be on here since he lives in Florida, but feel free to talk smack on the message boards. 

I made a commish call and gave him #1 priority on the waiver wire for taking on an auto drafted team he had no preferences for, and came out needing some work (especially at TE...geez),  I'm thinking of doing so after again after week 1, but that would be it.  Let me know if anyone has any objections to that.

I'll post on the league board about the ways to get me the league dues in a few days.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 2

Do rosters have to be set today for the whole weekend? I haven't played in years. Can't access the site here at work. QB health is up in the air, neither play tonight.

Players and slots lock at game time, so for tonight, all you need to worry about is anyone in the New England vs. Pittsburgh game.

Just posted it on the league manager note, but I'll also share it here for those who monitor this more closely.

For the league dues, I can work with you however you want to get it to me.  PayPal, bank transfer, snail mailing a check or money order, or just sending me an early x-mas card with the cash…whatever works for you guys.  If you want to send it PayPal, the account to send it to is btq96r@gmail.com.  If you want an alternate payment method, email me directly at that Gmail address, let me know how you want to do it, and I’ll get back to you with where to send it.  If you need to send it in installments, that’s fine too, just equal $50 by the end of our season, please.

Does a player being injured change the "no drop" status? If not, I may be screwed

Give ESPN until Tuesday to work it out.  They wait for a more defined status than post game before updating the list.  The rule is meant to prevent collusion, which I don't see as a problem in this league.  If it doesn't fix itself, and you have a case, I can turn off that feature off from the commish controls. 

Give ESPN until Tuesday to work it out. They wait for a more defined status than post game before updating the list. The rule is meant to prevent collusion, which I don't see as a problem in this league. If it doesn't fix itself, and you have a case, I can turn off that feature off from the commish controls.

Yeah I'm fine with the rule. I'll see what happens. Definitely lookin like Romo is gonna be out for a long while.

Yeah I'm fine with the rule. I'll see what happens. Definitely lookin like Romo is gonna be out for a long while.

They may have already updated it according to this...http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/undroppables

Having Russel Wilson, you'll be able to deal with the lost of Romo easily enough.  Hope for your sake Eddy Lacy isn't in this conversation as well, he'd be a bigger loss.

Edited by btq96r
  • 4 weeks later...
So what do you guys look for when a trade is offered? Whenever I offer a trade, I always try to offer a player or players that will help the other team, not just guys off the bench.

If a trade is offered and not to your liking, do you counter or just ignore it completely?

So what do you guys look for when a trade is offered? Whenever I offer a trade, I always try to offer a player or players that will help the other team, not just guys off the bench.

If a trade is offered and not to your liking, do you counter or just ignore it completely?

For my taste, I look at if the trade addresses one of my needs.  I might be willing to part with a better player than I get if it's going to fill a big gap in my roster.  I'm having this issue in my other league with Carson Palmer...I drafted him as a backup and he's on fire, but I'm not benching Aaron Rodgers anytime soon.  I'd be willing to part with him if I was offered a better TE than I have now, but nobody in that league is interested. 

I usually decline trades that I won't take with either a straight denial or a counter offer instead of ignoring it so the other person can go back to the drawing board with their trades.  Can't blame a guy for trying if they're trying to get one over on me.