Archery season is fast approaching. How about some trail cam pics to help set the mood.....

Looking forward to archery season.  Tons of does on my camera but a couple decent bucks.  Heading out to put up another ladder stand and check cameras again this weekend.

[/URL]">http://HUNT0130_zps7hawzn1q.jpg

That deer has a great looking rack.  He will be a monster in a year or two if he makes it.  I would have a hard time passing him up if he walked past my stand.

Edited by KahrMan

So! I didn't get to practice with my bow today like I have been for the past couple months. I stopped by Murfreesboro Outdoors and let him look at it, since I haven't had it checked out from the time I bought it. It's a PSE Triton and was barely used, then sat up in the original owners closet for the majority of it's life. It still had the original string on it. I lucked out on draw length but not on peep sight height. It was an inch too low. I'd been wondering since it takes me a second to get "settled" before releasing. All in all, it really needed a new string so I'm getting it replaced. Great news and it will probably even shoot better. Bad news, I may not get it back until Thursday. I am however glad that I've been shooting it already this year. I will have to sight it in all over again after work Thursday and Friday but will be happy to know it's good to go and to have the peep sight in the correct position!

Aside from bow issues, I got all of my hunting clothes washed up and de-scented, along with my stand camo wrap, and my backpack is packed except for snacks and water that I'll add Saturday morning. I'm sick with anticipation, but happy that this Friday night will be the night that we all can't sleep  :rock:

• Like 1
I'm looking forward to the season for sure. Unfortunately, the temp is forecast into the 90s on Sat. I'll probably work to finish some summer projects and wait till it cools off a bit before I hit the stand. Been shooting my bow and tuning my gear though.

EDIT: Looks like it will be upper 70s on saturday :up: The weather app on my phone was still set to Houston from a recent trip I had there, so that's where I saw 90, lol Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to the season for sure. Unfortunately, the temp is forecast into the 90s on Sat. I'll probably work to finish some summer projects and wait till it cools off a bit before I hit the stand. Been shooting my bow and tuning my gear though.
EDIT: Looks like it will be upper 70s on saturday :up: The weather app on my phone was still set to Houston from a recent trip I had there, so that's where I saw 90, lol

Haha I was thinking "90???" Very glad it was set on Houston and not here!
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well gentlemen...good news/bad news. The good news is I am out of my boot and ready to shoot. Bad news is the perfect little 10 pointer I was hoping would come back this year is gone. Looks like it will be just me and the ladies for a few weeks. (Ignore the date. I put new batteries in and forgot to reset it) 8bcbafa988cd43ffac571db49f25c762.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk