Margarita recipes.

TN-popo

The Big Bucket, sold at your local Kroger store. Add three cups (750ml) of your favorite tequila and freeze it for eight hours if you like it frozen or the bucket has a tap built right in if you like it over the rocks. It's not a fantastic margarita but it is a really good one.

I'll tell you what I do. I buy the premixed Cuervo, with an additional bottle of Cuervo Gold on the side to heat 'em up a little. Not too expensive, considering the convenience. They do it right, except that it's a little light on the tequila for me.

If you want one like the restaurants make it...both of those are a solution.

If you want a GOOD margarita, squeeze about 6 limes, 1 lemon, add a cup of tequila, half a cup of triple sec, splash of simple syrup (sugar water for us rednecks) rim a glass with lime juice and kosher salt, toss it in with some crushed ice....

And the panties drop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Good margarita's are easy.

Step one.  Throw away that corn syrup margarita mix.  Usually has Cuervo on the label.  

Step two.  Throw away the Jose Cuervo Gold or Silver mixto tequila.  It is crap, basically tequila flavored vodka.

Salt the rim of your glass, two shots of good tequila, one shot of triple sec or another orange liquor, the juice from half a lime, splash of some type of fruit juice ( OJ, pineapple, mango, or combination of them) 

Drink up and enjoy.

• Like 2

El Charo is our best selling tequila.  100 % agave, reposada or blanco   .750 or 1.75.   A handle of it is ten dollars less than Cuervo Gold.

If you want to step up a little but still remain affordable try Camarena.

• Like 1

El Charo is our best selling tequila.  100 % agave, reposada or blanco   .750 or 1.75.   A handle of it is ten dollars less than Cuervo Gold.

If you want to step up a little but still remain affordable try Camarena.

I'm predisposed to Herradura reposada.

First off the key is having one of those heavy bowl style margarita glasses...unless you fly a rainbow flag, vote for Hillary, have fear of guns or it is for a delicate lady friend DO NOT put it in a martini glass for Christ's Sake! After blessing it with the blood of virgins on the 2nd harvest moon stick it in your freezer

Then rim your glass in sour orange or lemon and liberally apply kosher salt

I like to load my margaritaville juice hot!
4 squeezed limes and a squeezed sour orange (lemon works if you cant acquire that)
2 shots of triple sec (or contraue [sp?])
4 shots of cabo wabo reposado (or Camerena as Mike357 mentioned) I still like Jose Gold especially if youre knocking them down...or Patron if your a 2-cent Brentwood millionaire [emoji14]
I add a half a shot of fresca or sierra mist for crispness, pineapple juice also works but a hint!
Ice aplenty

Repeat to achieve desried intoxication!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

We have invented (or at least stolen) the Redneck Margarita. 

12 oz tequila

12 oz beer

12 oz frozen limeade

1 ea. 12oz can Fresca.

big pitcher, mucho ice, and a designated driver.

After the second one you really can't tell, so we usually use a cheaper tequila.  Sam Adams, Calfkiller, etc., adds a nice little bouquet, but after the second one you could use Milwaukee's Best.

Bon appetit!

I am pretty simple. I do 1 1/2 oz Tequila, 1/2 of triple sec (though, I have been drinking midori margritas all summer since I wanted to finish the bottle) and 3 oz of sweet and sour mix. It's good enough for me most of the time, but fresh lime with sugar is always better.

The cheapest, decent mixable tequila I've found is Agavales Gold. It says it's 100% agave and it sure tastes a heap better than even some more pricy stuff. Though, the best stuff I've tasted was $10 liter in mexico ten years ago and that was the cheap stuff!