Another LEO in Texas Murdered

At this time, there does not appear to be any danger to members of the Clyde community, nor is there any indication that random law enforcement personnel are being targeted.

That’s an unusual statement. Makes me think they have a pretty good idea of who did this, and that he wasn’t targeted because he was a cop. I guess we will see.

Prayers for the family.

What worries me is some officers will start to get really nervous and over react which will only feed into the irrational fears of those calling for the killing of LE. I already went over the statistic but you are more likely to be struck by lightening 82 times than to be shot by an officer, and that is a justified shooting. The odds of being killed by a "bad" cop is so remote it is statistical improbability.

We, as a nation, are in a very dark and disgusting place now and I am not sure how one could fix this. I fear we will once again see Americans killing Americans on a much larger scale. And those poor officers are going to get caught in the middle and likely suffer the most if things do go sideways across this once great nation.

• Like 1
The fix is not quick or simple. Until the rule of law is reestablished in this country, until absolutes are adopted again - absolutes like right and wrong, good and bad, moral and immoral, proper and improper, decent and indecent, until we say that morals, principles, ethics, and standards aren't situational and conditional after all, when we can once again say that we are all accountable to God and our fellow man for our conduct, and that such accountability is the bedrock of our society, this will not stop.

It has taken us fifty years to get in this condition, there is no express lane out of it. Edited by EssOne
  • Like 10

What worries me is some officers will start to get really nervous and over react which will only feed into the irrational fears of those calling for the killing of LE. I already went over the statistic but you are more likely to be struck by lightening 82 times than to be shot by an officer, and that is a justified shooting. The odds of being killed by a "bad" cop is so remote it is statistical improbability.

We, as a nation, are in a very dark and disgusting place now and I am not sure how one could fix this. I fear we will once again see Americans killing Americans on a much larger scale. And those poor officers are going to get caught in the middle and likely suffer the most if things do go sideways across this once great nation.

This crap will go on until people learn to behave.Plain and simple.Even Howard Stern commented once on how people go to work and do everything but their jobs and wonder why they get fired...Unfortunately law enforcement has turned into an official us and them, where them, has found justification in murder because of ones profession. Truly sickening and disgusting... something the theys have allegedly fought against since the 1800's, now the desire for revenge has set in to the feeble self entitled mindset.

I pray the fallen officers rest in peace.......im 10-7

This crap will go on until people learn to behave.Plain and simple.

At no point in this human experiment have a percentage of the population learned to behave. For every few people who choose to live their lives well and peaceful, there is someone looking to exploit those people and cause them harm. Whether it is some personal ideology they use to justify their actions or sociopaths who need no such justification, these people will remain from now until the end of human existence. Live peaceful; pass good values on to your children; remain vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

This is a great truth condensed into a very few sentences... The folks doin the shootin, the folks inciting the shootin, and those who live where the shootin is happenin better get a hold on this before it gets bad... There are people within the political class and the "black butt hurt plantation" cottage industry that need to understand that everybody bleeds; people are edgy, and that God alone is their (..and our...) protection, whether we acknowledge Him or not... They best stop stirring up these confabulations by rhetoric, actions, or the lack of actions; whatever they may be...  There are lots of places now that are powder kegs... Some parts of Texas and the blue workers paradises are particularly explosive...

Everybody needs to calm down or quit pushin... Ole Charlie Manson may have been right all along...

leroy

At no point in this human experiment have a percentage of the population learned to behave. For every few people who choose to live their lives well and peaceful, there is someone looking to exploit those people and cause them harm. Whether it is some personal ideology they use to justify their actions or sociopaths who need no such justification, these people will remain from now until the end of human existence. Live peaceful; pass good values on to your children; remain vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True words. Very very true.

Well, this may come back to bite me in the butt but going to suggest it anyway. I don't know the numbers but I would guess that every time a police officer is in uniform these days he is somewhat of a target. Also every time a police officer is on patrol he also has a lot of legal carry people around him. Because he does not have eyes in the back of his/her head it might not hurt to be their eyes and let law bidding legal carry folks act like some kind of back up and begin being the eyes in the back of his head. There is no way i could stand back and see someone getting ready to shoot an officer in the back without doing something. I don't think anyone here would allow it to happen. Next time you see an officer fueling his vehicle or are approaching one that has a car pulled over on side of road. it might not hurt to drive by slowly and take a close look at the situation to see if the officer may be in danger. Just be somewhat like a Guardian Angel sorta thing. If a legal carry civilian saves even one officers life that would be a victory for the good guys.............jmho

Well, this may come back to bite me in the butt but going to suggest it anyway. I don't know the numbers but I would guess that every time a police officer is in uniform these days he is somewhat of a target. Also every time a police officer is on patrol he also has a lot of legal carry people around him. Because he does not have eyes in the back of his/her head it might not hurt to be their eyes and let law bidding legal carry folks act like some kind of back up and begin being the eyes in the back of his head. There is no way i could stand back and see someone getting ready to shoot an officer in the back without doing something. I don't think anyone here would allow it to happen. Next time you see an officer fueling his vehicle or are approaching one that has a car pulled over on side of road. it might not hurt to drive by slowly and take a close look at the situation to see if the officer may be in danger. Just be somewhat like a Guardian Angel sorta thing. If a legal carry civilian saves even one officers life that would be a victory for the good guys.............jmho

It happens all the time.  There was one not too long ago that rescued an officer under fire by putting his vehicle between the gunman and the officer, and evacuated the officer (who I believe was wounded).