Gun Free Zone emails!!!

bersaguy

i have been thinking about this for some time and last week I began doing it. Every time a business I have been trading with puts up the signs I go else where to get what I want and then come home and write an email telling the store owner or if corporate I tell them I will no longer be doing business and tell them why. I wrote the letter in such a way that it can be used for about any business with just a few things such as company name, Then I stored it in my documents and can use it over and over.

I think if members here would start doing the same thing to businesses that many members frequent and they get enough letters it just might get business owners looking at their bottom lines closer. Take a small business like a Meat & 3 diner that was not posted and all at once is. If enough folks make their feelings know in a professional and polite manner to the Owner/Manager that they will no longer be doing business with them it might bring down more signs. Many places like that probably have more HCP people trading with them than non carry people and if their bottom line begins to show that sign is hurting business things can change quick. The sign can come down as quick as it went up...............JMHO

Copy of my standard email letter: f they don't have an email or website you can always print a copy with the filled in blanks accordingly and hand deliver it next time your close by.

The Letter:

To: (Who Ever)
   I have been a customer and patron of your establishment for
past (X)years. Recently I was at your business front door
when  I saw the newly posted Gun Free Zone sign on your
front door.
 Since I have been doing business with you for (X) amount of years
 I have always carried my side arm concealed while in your business.
   Now that you have seen fit to post your location I feel I will now
be taking my business else where. I feel that if you don't want
legally armed law biding citizens in your place of business you
don't want the money that they would spend in your business either.
  I wish you and your company all the best but you will now be doing
it without my hard earned money.

Respectfully

(your name)

Good idea, but think about adding something else.

If the business doesn't want legally armed persons in their establishment, as if they are taking responsibility for your safety while there unarmed. After all, they deny your right to self protection. Shouldn't they then be responsible for it? 

Good idea, but think about adding something else.

If the business doesn't want legally armed persons in their establishment, as if they are taking responsibility for your safety while there unarmed. After all, they deny your right to self protection. Shouldn't they then be responsible for it? 

Yea , it might help but my goal was to keep the email or printed letter to be short and sweet yet polite and still get my point across that the sign will be costing them a lot more than they paid for the signs......jmho

• Like 1

Emails are easily trashed.  Print out some of the anti-gun business cards and hand them over in person when you walk out.  It's carries more weight if you address the issue in person.

Disagree. Little cards are easily trashed, especially by kids making $9.25 an hour to pretend to work in between iPhone apps. 

Emails to a corporate system, even sightmanager@businessname.com generally get intercepted by not only by sight managers, but corporate/regional managers as well. 

Disagree. Little cards are easily trashed, especially by kids making $9.25 an hour to pretend to work in between iPhone apps.

Emails to a corporate system, even sightmanager@businessname.com generally get intercepted by not only by sight managers, but corporate/regional managers as well.

I believe both a business card and email can be trashed, but that's not the point. The 2nd Amendment community should use one or both methods to communicate "guns free zones" come with a heavy price. If we all left business cards and sent emails, it would be a very powerful message and let business owners know just how much business is at stake. Look at the army of leftists who are trying to take away our rights. If we all make an effort we can counter the lies, misinformation and deception. Edited by tnliberty01
  • Like 1

Sure. I just think an email thats guaranteed almost certain to be read by a deciderer is a better bet, thats all.

As far as a face to face chat, thats good too. I'd rather have a customer talk to me about something than hand me a card though in that case. They could certainly elect to do both, but from my experience, anything unsolicited beside money is ending up in the trash. IF the manager gets it, it's 50/50 wether they're inclined to do ANYTHING about it. When it gets put out into the corporate world for the bean counters to see, it is GOING to be addressed. Maybe not changed, but addressed damn skippy. My .02 anyway.

My whole reason for the letters or emails is because all folks that have those signs up are from the left because there is not any or just a few expressing their views to the business owners on our side. I figure that many of the signs go up because someone from the left has been putting it in the business owners ear that they need to put them up and the business owners are not really aware of how much business the signs will end up costing them. If they get enough response from law abiding gun owners with HCP's that they will not be doing business with them it might cause them to rethink their signs. Especially when they are informed that before the signs went up about 1/2 or more of their business came from people that traded there with a concealed weapon and they never had any issues. Gun owners need to be heard just like the left is being heard by businesses...............jmho

My whole reason for the letters or emails is because all folks that have those signs up are from the left because there is not any or just a few expressing their views to the business owners on our side. I figure that many of the signs go up because someone from the left has been putting it in the business owners ear that they need to put them up and the business owners are not really aware of how much business the signs will end up costing them. If they get enough response from law abiding gun owners with HCP's that they will not be doing business with them it might cause them to rethink their signs. Especially when they are informed that before the signs went up about 1/2 or more of their business came from people that traded there with a concealed weapon and they never had any issues. Gun owners need to be heard just like the left is being heard by businesses...............jmho

There's more than just a few people on the left expressing their opinions.  It takes more than a singular, or a few hundred emails to a corporate entity to even be a blip on the radar.  Sending an email to them would be as useful as sending one to Sen. Alexander's office asking him to be more conservative.

That's why I suggested using the cards and getting the opportunity to have a discussion, even if short, in person.

Take this forum for example, if someone doesn't like another's posts, they skim/skip and ignore them.  But when we have those meet & greets, you pay closer attention to the person speaking, even if they're spewing the same information.

Facebook I believe does more good.  1:1 emails, can be filtered by an administrative assistant.  Public postings like on Facebook can do more.  Social Media is where its at.

This, is accurate. But expect to see leftist responses like "do you expect a war to break out at the burger hut"?

• Like 1

Well, it was just an idea and I will continue to send out emails and in some cases if I cannot find an email address for the company next time by I will hand deliver a letter in an envelope addressed to the owner/manager telling them why they lost my business. Doing something is 100% better than doing nothing!!!.........jmho

Emails and cards I dunno about, but a hand written letter mailed directly to the top dog works well.  Few will throw a hand written letter away, the very novelty of someone actually using a manual instrument and paper to communicate is too intriguing for most people to just toss without having a looksee.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

My gun is attached to my hip, I'm offended when people want to act like a communist.

Gun-free zones are un-Americian. I signed my name on the line, along with thousands who died to allow you to keep and bear arms. With respect to them, you shouldn't be taking that right lightly

My gun is attached to my hip, I'm offended when people want to act like a communist.

Gun-free zones are un-Americian. I signed my name on the line, along with thousands who died to allow you to keep and bear arms. With respect to them, you shouldn't be taking that right lightly

In all honesty, I don't think anyone takes our rights and the Constitution lightly here. This is a very diverse site with many folks having their own views on issues but taking the 2nd amendment lightly is not one of them..............jmho

I think the card is a very effective tool for sure and I would advise folks that have HCP's to get some and when they find one of their favorite places to eat or shop newly posted they need to give one to the manager/owner to make your feelings know. The more cards he/she gets the better our ideals will be expressed. That is why I printed off about 50 letters with my contact information on them, hand signed and I even put them in envelopes and always have a few with me when I go out. I just think we need to get our messages out just as much or more than the left does. We do have one major thing in our favor. Our money!!!! When the left is able to talk a business owner into putting up signs they are costing the business money. When they don't put the signs up or they remove them the business is making money. Simple as that!!.....................jmho