Ruger LCR .327

FortKnox

I have a close friend that tells me the .327 in the S&W 632 feels about like a warm 38spl. The .327 is his grandfather's but he has some 38 j frames so I believe he can give an accurate assessment. I imagine with the LCRs it may be like shooting the 9mm version.

Word for word those are my exact thoughts.
Well the .327 does give you an extra round.

That is probably the biggest persuasion for me to own one besides the .327 filling a nice gap between 38 and 357. I just keep losing confidence in many of the 38spl loads with all of the failures to expand I see.
Has anyone looked for any ammo for this gun?

Earlier today at TN Gun Country all I saw was a few boxes of target .32 Auto for $22 and a few boxes of .327 hollow points for $20. On the flipside there was a whole row of .38 and .357 ammo.

That is probably the biggest persuasion for me to own one besides the .327 filling a nice gap between 38 and 357. I just keep losing confidence in many of the 38spl loads with all of the failures to expand I see.

Load some hollow base wad cutters upside down. That'll expand fine.

Load some hollow base wad cutters upside down. That'll expand fine.

I have never seen any test where the reversed wad cutters performed worth a darn. I have a good stock pile of 135 gr Gold Dots now though. Edited by Patton
  • 2 years later...
On 10/7/2015 at 8:12 PM, Patton said:

D767BF27-3532-494C-A0BD-C9540FABD4B6-572
I snapped this at Cabelas outside Chattanooga. I found several boxes of 32 SW long and H&R at Gander Mtn and The Red Bank Army store.

(clunk of jaw hitting floor)

No. Effing. Way.

(reviews pic) SHOLY HIT.  A HYDRASHOK  slug in .327. Federal Hydrashok, to be sure, but none of my people have noted any difference in the 9mm and .40 variants between Federal and Hornady. And for as much as Fed. probably paid for the license to make em, there better NOT be.

SWC a/k/a/ KI7CIL