Sig Sauer P320 Range Report

kesava

Last week, I owned a Glock 19... This week I own a Sig P320. I am a Glock fan. 

I got to hold one after complaining about the glock trigger to a LGS. It was well reviewed and the grip felt like it pointed well, so I said, why not, and bought it. 

Here's what I found... Both are polymer pistols. Both have a long standing record of reliability. For me, that's there the similarities end. 

One is a boulder, the other is an arrow.

One feels like a fresh baked potato the other feels like a crisp apple. 

As a glock guy, I'm used to getting a lot of flack for my tupperware. But the customizations are endless. With the Glock I felt like a mechanic. With the Sig, I feel like a surgeon.  

They Grip:

The grip angle of the P320 reminds me of a 1911. It points well and keeps thumbs out of the danger zone.

The thickness of the grip is solid. It seems more ergonomic. It feels like theres feedback from the handle due to the factory stipling. If you grip it tight, you'll know it. I ran it under water, the grip still felt great. It's thicker than the glock, but not by much. 

The mag release is out of the way, but easy to find with thumb. You have to make a purposeful effort to push the mag release. But, in a rush, you know exactly where it is. Mag drop drills and reloading was easy. I went from empty to mag drop to reload and back on target with ease.

Accuracy, Recoil and shooting:

Accuracy is great. No other way of saying it. 

The recoil is medium, very similar to the G19. Gets back back on target easily.

Trigger:

The Trigger is awesome. It's my favorite part of the gun. Theres a crisp break after a very slight take up. The trigger reset is short. 

Overall I would give the gun a 9.5/10. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked one up, very lightly used.   Once I shot it, I figured out why.  It had a wicked case of trigger slap.   I sent it back to SIG and they replaced the trigger with their "adverse" trigger, which seems to have fixed the issue.  Kudos to SIG for taking care of that.   The trigger is still a little heavier than I like, but it's something I can easily live with.

I think they did a lot of things right, ergonomically.   I like the shape of the grip.  The placement of the controls isn't awful.  I wish the bore axis were a bit lower, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference for me on shot-to-shot recovery.

I really like the fact that you can buy a complete plastic grip for about $40 and swap it out in about 2 minutes.  Mine came with the "medium" girth grip and I swapped it out for the "small".  

Accuracy on mine is about par with everything else of its type.   I haven't had any reliability issues yet; I think I have a bit less than 300 rounds through mine.

I would own more of them but I don't often seem to run across deals on them.

sigp320_zpsxsdly6gs.jpg

Edited by ken_mays