Anyone ever taken a CZ Rami apart?

smokngun

• Moderators
I myself love the CZ pistols. My first carry piece was a P01. That being said, the complexities internally steered me towards something simpler. Now all I own are Glock.

I am not saying it is not possible to disassemble and reassemble a CZ. I simply felt I served myself better by switching to a simpler design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1

I myself love the CZ pistols. My first carry piece was a P01. That being said, the complexities internally steered me towards something simpler. Now all I own are Glock.

I am not saying it is not possible to disassemble and reassemble a CZ. I simply felt I served myself better by switching to a simpler design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is EXACTLY my thinking too . I am a huge CZ fan but I too use a Glock for my carry guns because of the complexity and many parts of the CZ pistols.

I use my CZ as a range gun and a fun gun. But for a gun to save my life I use something way more simpler like the Glock.

I once got on youtube and saw a few good videos that talked me through taking the trigger system out of a CZ75 B . It was a little hard but I took my time and it worked great. Try that and also take a picture each time you do something and that way you will have a reference as to how they go back .

Edited by tercel89

Good luck with that, its like an antique clock in those things.   I took mine apart but not the decocker.   If the video does not do it, try looking at a diagram of it expanded. 

The one from the owner's manual is all over the web, not too many other expanded diagrams unfortunately.   As far as I know the rami IS a 75 in design and all, just a smaller frame.   So an info you can find on a 75 should be mostly accurate. 

• Like 1
One of the springs is not set correctly behind the lever in the sear cage. You will need to remove the sear cage but should not need to disassemble. You will need a slave pin to do this, I have one you can use or if you want I can give you the dimensions when I get home on Friday.

One of the springs is not set correctly behind the lever in the sear cage. You will need to remove the sear cage but should not need to disassemble. You will need a slave pin to do this, I have one you can use or if you want I can give you the dimensions when I get home on Friday.

Sometimes if you dont have a slave pin you can use a thin nail , or a toothpick , or anything similiar that will fill the hole while you do what you need to do .

I recall reading about the CZ decocker assembly and action being "complicated"

I like the suggestion of you tube - it may fall within your skill level.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, other than a trigger bar spring in my 75B Omega, it and my P01 from czc are my go to handguns.

I had a CZ refinished in Cerakote once and the first time I took it back apart I found a broken spring that I had to replace. I suspect this is why he took an extra week returning my gun. He whined and griped about how hard t was and said that was the last CZ he'd ever work on. So, I'm just saying...if a gunsmith had trouble reassembling a CZ (not even a decocker model, which are even more complicated), that should tell ya how much trouble they are to reassemble.

Worst case, send it to Cajun Gun Works and let David do something awesome to it while he has it to justify the trip. He's probably the foremost expert on CZ decocker guns in the country.