Any Bass Fishermen here?

Just thought I would ask how many Bass anglers may be on TGO? Reason I am asking is I have a hobby that includes making an assortment of Hand poured soft plastic baits and I sell them to anglers to help cover the cost of materials so I can make more. I use to do a lot more of it than I do now but just wanted to let folks know that if they are interested in using some great soft plastic Bass Catching Magnets I make some. I also make  Bass Jigs and Floatin Flies. If anyone maybe interested you can PM me for more information.

bersayguy

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

During my years of fishing in tournament competition I caught 19 large mouth bass over 10 lbs and 3 over 11 lbs 3 over 12lbs and

1 over 13lbs. The 12's and 13 were all in the Spring of the year and all were full of eggs to get ready to spawn and I didn't take any of the to the scales because they were all caught during practice so all got released right where they were staging to spawn and all were released healthy and unhurt. In all honesty I doubt I would have taken them to the scales if I caught them in a tournament knowing that spawn would be lost. I was sportsman first and tournament angler second............................ :up: :up:  I did win my share of events over the years and did take my share of 10 pounders to the scales but not in the Spring. Was just something about those big green ladies and Spring and my love of the sport that protecting the spawn was more important to me than losing a few bucks and coming in second or third at the scales........ :shrug: :shrug:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

That was my first thought. 

yes it was a striper.  I was pretty sure I'd gotten hung on the bottom for a few seconds.  He barely hit it.  I caught him on one of my grandfathers lures.  I learned what I know about fishing with him, so that made it even more special.  

I've heard of fish several times larger than that coming from lakes around there.  Nearing 80# I think on the record books.

• Like 2

yes it was a striper.  I was pretty sure I'd gotten hung on the bottom for a few seconds.  He barely hit it.  I caught him on one of my grandfathers lures.  I learned what I know about fishing with him, so that made it even more special.  

I've heard of fish several times larger than that coming from lakes around there.  Nearing 80# I think on the record books.

Usually during the winter you can do very well on old hickory at the Gallatin steam plant. With the warm weather it's not been very good. I know a few guys who caught 40+ pound fish last year. 

I have caught several Stripers over 35 lbs during my years of fishing. Caught one over 40lb on  Jig rig on the Sh-t Hole on Old Hickory Lake and I had a good fight for about 25 minutes and I ended up just letting the fish drag the boat till it turned belly up and died from stress and fight. Most of the bigger ones that fight that hard end up dying. Gave the fish to a guy on the bank that was fishing for the table just so it would not go to waste. The guy was sure happy to get it.................... :up: :up:

• Like 1

Well, I get my pouring material on Monday and will be up and pouring on Wednesday filling orders I already have. Below you will see pictures of the baits I make and colors are optional. You can contact me for pricing by sending me a PM here or an email at drichards.sr@gmail.com or you can PM me for my Cell number. Thanks Bersaguy

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Misc/Soft%20Baits/2014-06-27_19-58-32_944_zps901dbbd4.jpg.html]2014-06-27_19-58-32_944_zps901dbbd4.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Misc/Soft%20Baits/PictureorVideo093_zpsc7c4cc6c.jpg.html]PictureorVideo093_zpsc7c4cc6c.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Misc/Soft%20Baits/PictureorVideo071_zps9191c1a2.jpg.html]PictureorVideo071_zps9191c1a2.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Misc/Soft%20Baits/Picture%20123_zpsvfbm7cn0.jpg.html]Picture%20123_zpsvfbm7cn0.jpg[/URL]

a buddy and I also make custom  jigs.............. :cheers:

• Like 1