You guys want to know what a gun show should look like?

gregintenn

Louisville is next weekend. It is usually a good show. Not a great day trip, but if you don't mind staying a night, you can make two days out of it pretty easy.

Thanks. I never know about it until it's already happened. I may try to get up there.

Wanenmacher's show in Tulsa is also on my "bucket list".

Edited by gregintenn

I last went to the Louisville show in the early to mid 90s.  That show has been the largest I have ever been too.  I think it had 1,200 tables.  Not sure how big the show is now.  To tell you how large that show was, not sure of your routine, but with the Knoxville shows I usually walk around once without buying or getting serious.   Then on the 2nd lap is when I start my attempts, fondling, etc.  The Louisville show, I arrived at 9am and it was like 4pm before I could start lap #2.  It was huge.  Would like to go to the one in Atlanta and some of those out west. 

Edited by runco

Thanks. I never know about it until it's already happened. I may try to get up there.

Wanenmacher's show in Tulsa is also on my "bucket list".

Wanenmacher's is one everyone should go to. We try to go to one of them each year, usually the fall one.

Wanenmacher's is one everyone should go to. We try to go to one of them each year, usually the fall one.

Never heard of it and just looked it up.  It's less than 3 months away.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

Something to think about:    If all our tables (2800 8ft. and 1300 6ft.) were placed end to end they would stretch 5.7 miles!

If you spend the whole 18 hours we are open to the public and divide that by 4,200 tables, You will have 15.4 seconds to look at each table.

Sounds like good exercise! :biglol:  I'm sure you'd have more than 15.4 seconds at each table if you pass the ones that have quilts and beef jerky. ;)

Don't know what savings I'd find to make up for the $485 air fare + motel.

Never heard of it and just looked it up. It's less than 3 months away.

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

Sounds like good exercise! :biglol: I'm sure you'd have more than 15.4 seconds at each table if you pass the ones that have quilts and beef jerky. ;)
Don't know what savings I'd find to make up for the $485 air fare + motel.

Actually, there is not a lot of beef jerky, etc. as to cost, we have 4 guys that drive out. We leave Thursday and go part way. Get up Friday and go the rest. We get a table so you can get vendor tags and enter on Friday. We then leave Saturday late afternoon and come part way back and get home on Sunday. With 4 guys BSing about guns the whole way, it isn't too bad.

You will find some deals, but more than that you will find some of the rarest and hard to find guns you can't find anywhere else, and probably multiples of each.

I've always wanted to go to the Tulsa show but wondered about the "trading" part of it. ...

Well, you can't legally bring back any gun at all to one's home state done in private trade or buy. Do they have OK FFLs set up there to do transfers for long guns between folks?

- OS

Well, you can't legally bring back any gun at all to one's home state done in private trade or buy. Do they have OK FFLs set up there to do transfers for long guns between folks?

- OS

I am sure there are some but never really paid attention. One of our group has his ffl so it never has been an issue for us.

I would have something shipped if needed. That isn't a big deal. For my group, we aren't talking about buying a run of the mill glock. It is more about what I would consider to be collectible and classic guns you just don't find everywhere. When you find it, you have it shipped back to an FFL.

I am sure there are some trades that happen that are outside of the law, but I think most are pretty careful about it. I think you would be naive to think it can't or doesn't happen. Edited by Hozzie