Live (right now) - "Stop The Violence" - Knoxville Meeting on Solutions to Gang Violence

R_Bert

Right now -

This might be interesting -

Background - http://www.wbir.com/news/special-reports/stop-the-violence-forum-set-for-wednesday/23080080

Pre - show https://www.facebook.com/WBIRChannel10/videos/10153550465314775/

Supposed to be live coverage, 7pm EST, here - http://www.wbir.com/#  (I think)

- Mayor Rogero & Chief Rauch are generally not pro-2a.

-Related to the gun-show protestors

- Live coverage on all three Knox TV stations and also NewsTalk 98.7 (98.7 is pro-2A & pro-family)

- But I expect to hear.......the stuff I would expect from Chicadishu.  I hope I am wrong. 

Edited by R_Bert

No, not entirely.  But does emphasize.  And so far, the commentary is pretty good.  Some 12 year old is tearing them a new one right now. And man did he rip them. (basically - WTF are you OLD people doing letting children raise children?) (i.e. what do you EXPECT to happen??)

The moderator said - " doubt anyone wants to follow him, so here's a local gospel group during break"

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 1

Well, TV broadcast is almost over, I think (internet was supposed to continue).  It is clear, that 1 or 2 hours is very insufficient time to even start to cover the communities' angst.

(and, there was a moment of chaos with the crowd shouting something about "guns", but it is obvious that most are concerned with deeper roots of family & employment)

Edited by R_Bert

Here we go (I think) - http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local/knoxville-media-outlets-to-host-forum-on-gun-violence-tonight-366682021.html

and whoa - there are same strong comments coming from panel   - "we have to stop shifting the blame"

- and they are calling for volunteers in the community (help yourselves)

- but several are whining about funding (no doubt that in general the community needs the help)

- and other voices getting it right. There are some very several very smart (and conservative) people in that community.

Edited by R_Bert

Mayor Rojero blithers about "what we have done" (in the past) that has obviously not worked.  A few claps.  The people are not stupid.

- and she just admitted that there is not a budget for taskforce (that they are all talking about). Chief Rausch steps in to rescue. Mayor is an idiot.

Edited by R_Bert

Mayor Rojero blithers about "what we have done" (in the past) that has obviously not worked. A few claps. The people are not stupid.

Kinda reminded me of mayor RE's speech after one of several police brutality incidents in Chicago .

aww ####!  - "We gotta make sure that none of those kids die in vain"

Well, it started off OK, but mostly ended in FUBAR.  however, no officials or moderators shouted "but....Guns!"

Edited by R_Bert

I know 2 that did back around Feb.2007. And witnessed the most pathetic media coverage ever.

yeah, these folks can't seem to agree on the basic problem....no fathers on the scene. No accountability. And as Hallerin says - "No Dinner Time at the table" 

(BTW, Chris was a good friend of mine)

Edited by R_Bert

yeah, these folks can't seem to agree on the basic problem....no fathers on the scene. No accountability. And as Hallerin says - "No Dinner Time at the table"

(BTW, Chris was a good friend of mine)

Sorry to hear that. I didn't know either of them but the lack of coverage local and nationally and how the whole incident was covered forever changed the way I look at anything media. I was already jaded,lol,but that was pure horsesh!t

Was Triple H moderating?  I loved listening to him back in the 90s every morning.  Very conservative and moral black man who I admire to this day.  If he was on there, it was worth listening to.

Sort of.  He was a moderator, on the floor.  He was not as central as I hoped, but considering ...  probably for the best.

near as I can figure, 90% of gun violence in Knoxville is thug on thug,  the other 10% is people defending themselves from pill heads.

Thugs are the issue, nothing more.

True.  But the thug-factory is not recognizing themselves nor currently inclined to cease operation. Train them early, or shoot them later.  Either way, it seems the cost is great.

I think the problem is systemic with the takeover of our schools. When the gov created the dept of education, the libs started instituting their ways.

Lack of discipline, interfering with parenting, lowering standards, getting rid of shop and civic classes and so on. Of course there is a growing Number of foreigners in every community as well.

To me it seems the cause is evident, liberal policies!
I caught a preview on the evening news for this community meeting and it seemed to me that no one will see the cause, the actual root of the problem. The intended result inmo is a call for more gun control.

I guess I should say the agenda started way before the dept of education was implemented. But it sure has speeded things up. Edited by Ugly
  • Like 2

Sounds like it was as expected... a preach to the choir session.  I like the idea, but the people who need to hear that message weren't there.  It would be great to see the community band together and do some real good, so Rogero can take credit for it. 

Edited by peejman

No, not entirely.  But does emphasize.  And so far, the commentary is pretty good.  Some 12 year old is tearing them a new one right now. And man did he rip them. (basically - WTF are you OLD people doing letting children raise children?) (i.e. what do you EXPECT to happen??)

The moderator said - " doubt anyone wants to follow him, so here's a local gospel group during break"

What do you expect? Generational welfare dependency, crime, moral decay. On the bright side if you are a liberal you guarantee the area will be voting democrat for life.

near as I can figure, 90% of gun violence in Knoxville is thug on thug,  the other 10% is people defending themselves from pill heads.

Thugs are the issue, nothing more.

I agree with Mike. But let's define what a thug is. A thug is a person that is protecting his corner for selling drugs. He does this with a gun. He has worked hard to build his corner sales.  He is part of a group. We are afraid to call this group a gang. The local residences are hesitant to get involved for a couple of reasons.There would be payback, and these are probably their children. Let's define children. Children are a produce of a pleasant moment. To be discarded as soon as they can be.

Answers?

• Don't breed them if you can't feed them.
  • Denial  is not a river in Egypt.
  • If they're yours take control.
  • Homework is not the time to cut dope.

There! In the simplest of terms and the simplest of sentences.