Gun Show Bucket List

Grunt67

Something I have always wanted to do, is go to the big gun show in Tulsa,OK. Just to see the "creature"

as the old mountain men used to say.

Finally have definite plans to do so, hotel reserv. made, my GF is going too, her sister lives there, so she can spend some seldom gotten time with her. Should be a fun trip, can't wait.

DLM, if you're around, any advice is appreciated.

Bump, update. Leaving tomorrow am for the Tulsa show, at last. Seems like it's been a year since I planned it, LOL. May have to mortgage the house, contents, truck, boat, etc. when I get back, but apparently, I'm only going to live once, so................

Final bump update.  Did'nt feel well enough to make the Sat. show. Worn out from trip.. Did make it today. This place is huge. Only went thru about 40% of it, til I was tired out. Much better than our local shows. Didn't see any siding, gutters, flea mkt stuff ( proves it can be done ), LOL.

Heading home tomorrow. You need to see this show if you can make it, awesome.

• Like 1

What'd ya buy??!!?? :confused:

Well, a diet coke, that's it. Didn't go to buy, just wanted to see the venue. Present day budget doesn't allow for more guns, etc.

Be assured, tho, there were no shortages of guns. Down side, physically, I just wasn't able to cover the entire thing. Prices seemed to be "gun show prices". I looked at mostly reloading prices, which were a bit higher than normal. Thought I might pick up some Vh N140, but found none. Always go to Reloaders Bench, Mt. Juilet for that anyway.

Greg, you have got to get out there, you'll be like a kid in a toy store.

FWIW, if anyone goes anytime soon, DO NOT go the route on Mapquest or GPS. There is a bridge out in East Tulsa that has traffic royally screwed up. NO marked detours at all. I would love to have a few moments with whoever was in charge of that.

We came back thru hwy 75 South to I-40, and had no problem. Would suggest going in the same way.

If you think Nashville is bad ( and it is ), Tulsa is much worse, traffic/street wise.

Aside from that, we had a great trip. Weather was perfect, no road issues, other than the previous stated.

Next show is in Nov. I believe.

Tired, but glad to be back.  Think I'm getting too old for this stuff, LOL.

• Like 1