Truck Lift Installer?

Looking to lift my 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 a little bit...going the simple route and doing a leveling kit in the front end and a 1.5inch body lift to give me the 3.5-4inches I'm looking for. I don't want to screw with the suspension and throw on a full kit considering the truck is brand new and I certainly don't want to give a dealership a reason to void a warranty so this is the easiest way. Keep in mind I'm not going to be doing any serious off road stuff either...this is simply for a little bit more clearance and appearance only.

To my question...does anybody know of somebody in the Nashville area they would trust to do this kind of work? I can get the parts put together fairly easily but I'm looking for somewhere I can drop it off in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day and not have to worry about anything after I pick it up.

Here's my truck...

20150821_161309_zpsqnmvmtrb.jpg

And here's how it should sit when its done. This is the exact same setup I'll be running and eventually I'll throw bigger wheels and tires on it...currently the tires are taller and wider than stock anyway so I'll roll with what I have on it for a while.

20121121_155229.jpg

Clarify with whoever will do your warranty work should you need it if any of that will void the warranty.  

Yea.   Whether it directly did anything to cause any future issues, it possibly gives Dodge some wiggle room on denying a warranty claim should a problem arise.    Even if someone at the dealer tells you, no problem, get a statement in writing to cover yourself.   

Essentially Offroad in Murfreesboro. Several member here have had work done there.

Magnuson-Moss Act says that for the dealer to deny a warranty claim, they have to prove that your modifications were the direct cause of failure. They can't blame your lift for your power window regulator going bad, etc.
  • Like 4

Magnuson-Moss Act says that for the dealer to deny a warranty claim, they have to prove that your modifications were the direct cause of failure. They can't blame your lift for your power window regulator going bad, etc.

Right, but they can try to blame any suspension or drivetrain issues on the lift since the truck's geometry was changed from factory settings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Putting a leveling kit in the front still changes the suspension geometry. I am pretty strongly against spacer lifts but if you aren't going off-road and flexing the suspension it should be fine. Things often contested on lifted vehicles would be wheels bearings, CV joints and similar. Almost all major warranty items still remain under warranty regardless of lift.

Essentially Offroad in Murfreesboro. Several member here have had work done there.

A whole lot of electrical, etc gets disconnected and reconnected during a body lift. Bigger tires increase load on the engine, etc. Its all very minor and in the real world will not cause any trouble if done right but it gives the dealer a lot of angles to attack from if they want to really fight over warranty stuff.

That said, plenty of dealers sell brand new bro-dozers right off their own lots. I'm sure you could always take it to one of them for warranty work.

Putting a leveling kit in the front still changes the suspension geometry. I am pretty strongly against spacer lifts but if you aren't going off-road and flexing the suspension it should be fine. Things often contested on lifted vehicles would be wheels bearings, CV joints and similar. Almost all major warranty items still remain under warranty regardless of lift.

I'm not planning on going higher than a 2 inch spacer because I don't want to strain anything too much. Based on what I've read about my truck in particular that is about as big as you want to go without swapping out ball joints etc.

I would strongly suggest not using a body lift! I know that a lot of people use them but I have friends that mechanic and you wouldn't believe all the crap they see from people "cheaping" out. Save your money and buy a good quality suspension lift. The ride quality will be way better, it's way more durable, has better resale value for the truck, and body lifts just look  :down: .

On a side note(and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this statement), I would NOT let EOR work on my lawnmower much less my everyday driver. I used to spend a lot of time there and knew them well. They take to many shortcuts and do too much jerry rigging. I've been in the shop, watched it happen, and questioned the owner.