IDPA update from HQ

Everybody who shoots or is thinking of shooting IDPA should be aware of this.
It was shared on the Tennessee competitive Shooting Facebook page .
Letter from MS/TN Area Coordinator:

Hello IDPA Clubs and IDPA members in MS & TN:
I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to those of you whom I have not made contact with as yet. My name is Nicky Carter, I am the Area Coordinator for the states of Mississippi and Tennessee. I reside in Northeast Mississippi, have been an IDPA member since 2007, my family and I own & operate Ridge Crossing Shooting Club. As Area Coordinator I want to have an active relationship with each club and be available to all MS and TN IDPA members. My contact information will be listed at the end of this letter, I am writing to each club contact and ask that you share this with all your club members.
The most immediate information I have to share with all of you concerns a former IDPA member who is permanently banned from IDPA. Michael Bresson from the Nashville area has been put on notice as being permanently banned from IDPA membership and event participation. Any club allowing him to participate in or run any IDPA event will lose their club affiliation and club contacts will lose their IDPA membership. This is effective immediately.
I want to be available to all members in my area of responsibility and help with any matters of concern in regards to IDPA. Please feel free to contact me via phone call, text, or email. I look forward to hearing from you.

Nicky Carter
MS/TN Area Coordinator
Safety Officer Instructor
A27655 Edited by ToysRUs
  • Like 1

I recall a big to-do about someone being banned from shooting sports a while back. Wasn't sure if this was regarding the same situation.

That was Phil something or other. The +2 / -2 guy in USPSA.

As for this bit of information.....Hey if you're on probation you might not want to poke the bear. 

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Is Michael Bresson the same guy who was accused of cheating some time ago?

I've been accused of being a real jerk in the past but I still say there's no evidence it has ever occurred.  Michael is a member here.  Let's not dog-pile with things folks were accused of.   :)

• Like 1
I already submitted it to the lawyers as all of the TN clubs and other states allow non members to shoot their local events per their club bylaws. My one year suspension is almost up without notification it was being switched to perm. I guess this saves another suspension in the future finding out IDPA secrets. Not all non members challenge a hypocritical organization so I guess they are not being singled out.

1. I shouldn't have brought 1800.00 to the Nationals in 2014 to challenge every stage(previous year's had some questionable stages) and competitors. I challenged 3 shooters for wearing knee braces at that event. It was good enough for the sanctioned event that year that Robert Ray attended and consulted with in TN but not for Nationals?
2. I shouldn't have brought up that a "founder" of IDPA, Bill Wilson cheated at the AR State State match in 2015 and his wife covered it up that afternoon. He was not classified for the match via website as his founding company's rulebook states. Reminds me of GADPA getting in trouble but not the original IDPA club and its founder. I have the screen prints.
3. Challenged Robert at the AR State 2015 match for allowing a shooter on his stage a reshoot because he didn't have the mags loaded properly thus going from 25 second and some change stage with 13PD and HTN to 12 seconds and some change with 2PD. Caused the shooter to move 2nd place in that division. Dustin Pluth had the same issue at Nationals in 2014 and didn't get a reshoot. I guess being friends with the home crowd earns some leeway.
4. Challenged a "visual indicator of cover" at the MS State match in 2015(which will be included into the new rulebook in 2017) which was described as a fault line by the SO. Plus I drank way too much free beer in the hot MS sun provided by an IDPA paid employee after the match. I said a few cuss words during after the match. Edited by HOGNUT
Code of conduct post is where IDPA stepped in, they issued a email out to all of its members almost a year ago. It truly is sad that it's came to this but the actions of his past and present have caught up with him. Bridges have been burned, toes have been stomped and friendships have been destroyed over the issues of the past few years. Now it's time to put the past behind us and move forward.
  • Like 2

Always thought IDPA was full of drama queens. If the IDPA crowd spent more time shooting instead of complaining they would be a whole lot better shot. ?

That was my only post outside of match announcements in almost a year. I have gotten considerably better just focused on all shooting disciplines. Nothing but true words spoken by one of the best shooters in the state regardless of the discipline.

Plus I drank way too much free beer in the hot MS sun provided by an IDPA paid employee after the match. I said a few cuss words during after the match.

That is my favorite one right there.

I feel your pain, same thing happened to me at The Cheetah in Atlanta.

Except substitute “hot MS sun” with “in the VIP” and “IDPA employee” with “Cheetah Girl” and you catch my drift. However my cussing didn’t happen until the credit card bill came in the mail