Military Coup taking place in Turkey

Once again our supreme leader, peace be upon him, has sided with the wrong team, an Islamic theocracy.  What part of this world is not or has not been on fire due to the foreign policy of this admin and those a part of it. 

Coming to a country near you!  (........already here)

36 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I haven’t been in front of the TV yet. I am to understand the military coup has failed?

thats what the news is saying for sure.  Sad.  The military, throughout the years has been the ones to keep Turkey as secular as it is.  Erdogan would have them become just like many of the other extremist Muslim countries.

For the most part this was all staged IMO and was never a real coup. A coup never takes place while the leader and Prime Minister is out of the country because they are the ones the Coup leaders want to catch and hold onto and they all knew they were out of the country. It was said that the Coup had control of both airports yet his plane was able to land without incident.  The leader of Turkey is trying to re write the Constitution of Turkey and make it an Islamic country. All the Mosques were contacted and told to get all of their people into the streets to resist the Coup. With in minutes 1000's of people were filling the streets. It was said that the population of Turkey is about 50/50 Turkish / Islamic not counting the 1000's of refugees at the border. Either way this is not going to be good for America.............jmho

• Like 2

There are questions on this definitely, but in defense of the protests, if there are jets causing sonic booms over cities, offices being blown up and attack choppers firing on buildings, you can be assured everyone is watching the news and will be interacting within seconds.'

We would do the same thing here, if something popped off in Nashville where the governor said it was an emergency and called us to action, people would be there in minutes ready for combat.

3 hours ago, TomUT07 said:

Once again our supreme leader, peace be upon him, has sided with the wrong team, an Islamic theocracy.  What part of this world is not or has not been on fire due to the foreign policy of this admin and those a part of it. 

Coming to a country near you!  (........already here)

It's Turkey, there really isn't any right or wrong teams, just some we can live with.  The use of Incirlik Air Base is too important for us to get mixed up with internal Turkish affairs like taking sides in a coup attempt.  What was the President supposed to do, side with the coup that was either set-up for failure by Erdogan, and/or too inept to secure the largest airport in the country?

I'm no fan of Erdogan.  He's clearly no supporter of democracy, and wants to consolidate power around his office, which I see him trying to keep for a long time.  He's also an Islamist, but best I can tell, he's the kind of Islamist that can be bought off, not a fundamentalist no compromise type.

3 hours ago, btq96r said:

It's Turkey, there really isn't any right or wrong teams, just some we can live with.  The use of Incirlik Air Base is too important for us to get mixed up with internal Turkish affairs like taking sides in a coup attempt.  What was the President supposed to do, side with the coup that was either set-up for failure by Erdogan, and/or too inept to secure the largest airport in the country?

I'm no fan of Erdogan.  He's clearly no supporter of democracy, and wants to consolidate power around his office, which I see him trying to keep for a long time.  He's also an Islamist, but best I can tell, he's the kind of Islamist that can be bought off, not a fundamentalist no compromise type.

Other than telling Americans to stay in doors I think he should have not said anything politically one way or the other. He has made enemies either way by voicing his opinion for the people to fight for the democratically elected party when many people in Turkey know that the Government is turning into a dicatatorship and helpless to do anything about it....................JMHO

• 2 weeks later...

I heard later a few days after the Coup attempt that one of the jets had Erdogan's plane in his sites and had Missle Lock but did not fire. If this was not a plan designed by the government why did the jet pilot not fire. Because he was actually protecting the plane so they could land and shooting down the Helicopters that were firing on the government buildings and the jets were shooting them down. ............................:confused:

It seems to me that it was staged, Erdogan is in purge mode. My guess is he's gonna go full on Isis. 

We have troops and nukes at Incirlik. The organizer is quiet on this so that makes me think he approves and wouldn't shed a tear if we lose our folks and weapons. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Ugly said:

It seems to me that it was staged, Erdogan is in purge mode. My guess is he's gonna go full on Isis. 

We have troops and nukes at Incirlik. The organizer is quiet on this so that makes me think he approves and wouldn't shed a tear if we lose our folks and weapons. 

There is some common ground after all. I agree with all that.

1 hour ago, TrickyNicky said:

There is some common ground after all. I agree with all that.

I'm sure there would be much more in regards to our homeland, politics boogers it all up! 

I have spent time in Incirlik, hope no harm comes to our folks!

As well as other innocent people.