BLM in Knoxville Gaystreet Marketsquare

20 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Another reason to cut out government handouts. Without them, these folks would need to go to work like we do, and wouldn't have time for this garbage.

That thought pattern will never work.  

On 7/20/2016 at 10:10 AM, East_TN_Patriot said:

Wow... What a thread.  Folks disagree with a protest group and the dominant attitude is to shoot a them with beanbag rounds, turn fire hoses on them,"run them down" with your car, and hit them with a flashlight should they touch your car while you plow through the crowd.  

And you wonder why they are pissed off and feel like society is targeting them unfairly with violence.  And you also wonder why people portray gun owners as a bunch of overly aggressive douchebags.  

Gun owning, flashlight swinging douche bag reporting in...

I support civil disobedience 1000%. I think if you aren't willing to do so you aren't 100% american. But, you need to be prepared to pay the price and the times I've stood up when I perceived an injustice I was fully prepared to go jail. So far I haven't had that happen.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that when the police officer walked up and said "ok, you've made your point, move over there or I'm going to have to take you in" I did this really strange thing: I moved. As a result I was able to continue to convey my message and I didn't get tazed or shot or hit or arrested. 

As far as Christmas parades and other types of events, those are typically properly permitted and the details are publicized well in advance so that the rest of us who don't care to participate can plan an alternative route and not be overly inconvenienced. 

If you don't understand the fundamental difference in the 2 situations then it turns out you are the idiot gun owning douche bag that makes the rest of us cringe.

If you do understand the difference and just lost your mind for a moment, good. Next time you want to protest something give me a shout and I will come stand in the street with you. I might even bring a flashlight for you as well.

BTW, at least in my post, no one said anything about "plowing through a crowd". I think the words used were to slowly move. That way everyone had an opportunity to easily move out of the way and then fill the gap behind me.

Mark

Edited by Mark A
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, DaveTN said:

confused.gif  I’m thoroughly confused now. At no time have I implied that I or any other Officers would have used force against innocent citizens.

I am moving my reply to the other thread because it makes more sense, there.

Edited by JAB
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2016 at 10:45 AM, BrasilNuts said:

Those are accidents, it happens on accident, part of life.  I would assume someone would be working to clear the intersection in the event of an accident, not so in this case.

If that delivery truck you mentioned was blocking the intersection on purpose or the accident blocking the intersection was intentional, then yes, off to the pokey.

I bet if I went down to the intersection of Illinois Ave. and ORTPK and stood in the middle of it with a MY LIFE MATTERS sign, I'd either get a ride in a police car or an ambulance.

But what do I know I'm just a dumb white guy sweating my balls off cutting trees trying to make ends meet.

You got that big truck......I got a 20 foot trailer........ maybe we need to block some red lights during a Home Game on the main drag....get our message heard!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Spiffy said:

You got that big truck......I got a 20 foot trailer........ maybe we need to block some red lights during a Home Game on the main drag....get our message heard!

Fat Hillbilly Lives Matter?  I'm game... We need attach a smoker to you trailer though.

• Like 3

I was surprised to see that the (S)BLM movement is over seas too. I thought it was just a US thing. I read an article where a (S)BLM group did a protest where they laid down in the street blocking traffic to Heathrow Airport in England.

Edited by analog_kidd
6 hours ago, analog_kidd said:

I was surprised to see that the (S)BLM movement is over seas too. I thought it was just a US thing. I read an article where a (S)BLM group did a protest where they laid down in the street blocking traffic to Heathrow Airport in England.

I heard G.Soros money is behind some of this, I wonder if he funded the airfair?