Found a deal om handgun ammo today.

2 hours ago, bubbiesdad said:

Wal-Mart in Oak Ridge has 250 rounds of Remington UMC for $54. 250 rounds of .40 for $45. Maybe other Wally Worlds are the same?

14 minutes ago, i1afli said:

Day-um...18 cents/rnd for .40... I knew I shouldn't have started reloading. 

Careful there. You guys will have CommsnBombs coming back to haunt you over those good sounding comments on the lowly .40. lol

• Like 1

I ran my G23 yesterday. After the first mag they leveled out with 165 grain. Might have to put it back in rotation. JHP's are a different animal though. I need a few more range trips before I can restock. Space is limited right now. 

On 8/13/2016 at 2:44 PM, shotgunshooter said:

Wonder what the odds of a kB are at 18 cents a round? It wouldn't kB in the mighty 10mm I tell you what.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have never bought one of the mega packs but I have shot quite a bit of UMC (it is just Remington's value line - in fact, the 50 round boxes are white and green with Remington written larger than UMC) in 9mm and .380.  I have encountered one or two 'duds' in the 9mm fmj rounds (they also offer a JHP in 9mm, or at least they used to) but never any, other problems.

Edited by JAB

I used some UMC in .380 and had a failure to chamber and a failure to eject (jammed last round in mag). Only other ammo out of a dozen different brands and types was the cheap steel TulAmmo. I don't buy either anymore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.