Second -OR- None ... A Celebration of Liberty

Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Please RSVP so that we can have a preliminary head count. :)

• I will be there
    • I will be there and will bring a guest or guests

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gun Geek
Understood. We have seen several companies express interest but also express their regret for not being able to because of tight budgets. None the less, we're going to have an amazing event and hopefully the JROTC program will still benefit greatly from it.

Would you be opposed to several companies banding together to pay for one booth? The larger booth I mean.

Also - I have officially taken off the day before to make sure I can make it.

• Administrator
Who is going to be the guest speakers?

A partial list that I am at liberty to disclose...

Officially committed are Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey and Representative Donna Rowland from the GOP; U.S. Congressman Lincoln Davis and Senator Doug Jackson from the DNC; Tom Kovach, the chairman of the American Independent Party in Tennessee.

So, we have persons representing all sides of the political aisle (all gun folks). Of course, we have Ronnie Barrett who will speak on behalf of the NRA and Mike Webb, who will represent Friends of NRA in Tennessee.

• Administrator
Surprised this has not been asked... I assume open carry is allowed with proper TN Permit?

Their property is not posted, so with proper permit and willingness to show it if asked by any present uniformed police officers, I see no reason why not.

Guest HvyMtl

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe in the instance of private property, on a type of property which is not covered under present law (such as a restaurant or business)one must have permission of the owner before bringing the firearm on their property.

Yes, I severely doubt the owner will have an issue, but, it is far better to get permission...

So, could we get permission? (Yeah, sounds like I am being a BIT over protective, if not a bit :tough: but I LIKE having a permit...and intend to keep it...)

So please ask, and THEN we can show our view by having OPEN CARRY... for those who wish...

In addition, IF the gun owner does not have the proper Permits, and IF the property owner gives permission, the gun owner is allowed to carry on the property...

(Again, correct if wrong, and not wanting to argue the fine points of TN law, or give any legal advise, which I am NOT...)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe in the instance of private property, on a type of property which is not covered under present law (such as a restaurant or business)one must have permission of the owner before bringing the firearm on their property.

Yes, I severely doubt the owner will have an issue, but, it is far better to get permission...

So, could we get permission? (Yeah, sounds like I am being a BIT over protective, if not a bit :blink: but I LIKE having a permit...and intend to keep it...)

So please ask, and THEN we can show our view by having OPEN CARRY... for those who wish...

In addition, IF the gun owner does not have the proper Permits, and IF the property owner gives permission, the gun owner is allowed to carry on the property...

(Again, correct if wrong, and not wanting to argue the fine points of TN law, or give any legal advise, which I am NOT...)

In TN you do not have to get permission from or inform the property owner to enter private property armed like in some states.

Of course a property owner can ask you to leave and they can also regulate the manner (OC or CC) in which you carry, but you don't have to ask first.

This is a firearms related event, if I thought the carry of firearms was going to be an issue, I don't think I'd be attending....

Edited by Fallguy

Wife and I plan to come. I think a co-worker and his wife will be there too.

I hope it is well attended. I want to meet some like minded people who live near Crossville to organize serious political support for 2nd A and the 2010 version of SB1724 and most others.

Guest Gun Geek

Dont be nervous Nikki. You'll do fine.

Oh yeah with the news about the kiddy area, my spouse and daughter are coming as well. They were just going to drop me off and let me have my "play date" but now that we know there is something to keep the little one occupied its a go.

Guest HvyMtl

Ok, cool. I am going to try to be there with my 45 strapped to my side and my permit in my pocket.

Nikki, I do not know you, but have had to do the public speaking thing, including to several hundred people with hours notice, on a topic I had no info on... and had to rely on what my boss gave me.

Be yourself. Practice in front of the mirror in what you are going to wear. Thankfully, you will be among friends, and remember that, as the audience wants you to have a successful speech. Too many people in the crowd? Pick a few people in the audience to focus on, a couple each side and center - makes it look as if you want all in the audience to hear (which you do.) Speak Slow and talk as if you want someone to hear you across a crowded room, not like you are hailing a taxi. Relax. I am not that much of a gambler, but I bet you will do well. I think your passion for your topic will show quite well. You got my support, and a bunch here pulling for you. Enjoy the butterflies, and do not doubt.

Guest 1stcavgrunt68-69

I plan on attending,along with my wife,& 2 grandchildren. We live in West Paducah,Ky. I assume this is not only for Tn. gunowners?