2015 Spring Motorcycle Meetup: Final Details

Hozzie

2015 Spring Motorcycle Meetup  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What date do you prefer to have the Motorcycle Meetup?

• Saturday, April 11th
    • Sunday, April 12th
    • Saturday, May 2nd
    • Sunday, May 3rd

UPDATED 4.9.15

Final Details:

Saturday, April 11th

Depart Time: 10:00AM

Meet at Mapco on Stewarts Ferry Pike (near Percy Priest Dam).

General route will be: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zN9JfX1UMxpY.kmefI4T52zIw

We will head up to CycleMo's to check out the museum and then grab some lunch.  We will then come back on a bit of a southern route.  

If anyone has any questions, let me know.  I expect us to be back around 4:00.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

For all the motorcyclists, check out the nashvilleriders.com forum. Membership is slowly growing, but it's not a very active forum yet.

As for the OP, it's something I might be interested in, I ride a 2011 Ninja1000

Another group I have ridden with a little is Middle Tennessee Motorcycle Riders.  

http://www.meetup.com/Middle-Tennessee-Motorcycle-Riders/

They also have a closed facebook page, but you have to join the group on meetup to be added.  It is a pretty active group.

Two words: Cherohala Skyway

Beautiful ride. 

One of the best rides anywhere in the Southeast. Here are a couple of shots from the last time I rode the Cherohala in November of last year.

I doubt we would have to deal with the snow and ice this time of year.

16617970378_4daa337f47.jpg

16619417049_09a5c1a428.jpg

• Like 1

One of the best rides anywhere in the Southeast. Here are a couple of shots from the last time I rode the Cherohala in November of last year.
I doubt we would have to deal with the snow and ice this time of year.

16617970378_4daa337f47.jpg

16619417049_09a5c1a428.jpg

My old FJR still speaks to me in my dreams... ;)

great bikes. Edited by Good_Steward
  • Like 1
The great thing about Tennessee, and the southeast in general, is that there is very little riding off of interstates that is not incredibly scenic. I have ridden 33 different states in the last 3 years, and am always glad to be home after these rides. I've seen a lot of land, and nothing compares to where we live. The Rockies are majestic, but harsh. Not at all like Appalachia, where everything is full of life. The deserts out west are scenic for the first 15 minutes, but the flatness and monotony of the view wear on you. Not like the gentle up and down and sweeping curves like we have here to keep you engaged. The buttes in Utah are amazing, but the abrupt hills of the Cumberland plateau shame them. I could go on waxing poetic for a while, but the fact of the matter is that we live in the best motorcycle riding land in the U.S.

Also, Kansas, Eastern Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, and Iowa have absolutely no redeeming qualities for motorcyclists. Horrible flat, windy terrain.

YMMV Edited by Good_Steward
  • Like 1

So, as everything is even with votes, let plan for a Ride on April 11th with a backup date of May 2nd for weather.  If anyone wants, we can always just plan two rides as well.

We can work out the From to Where.   Last time I think we started at 10:00.  That  seems to work good as we can ride for a couple of hours and the grab some lunch and ride some more.  I will update the first post with the details.  I have some ideas of where we can ride in Middle TN, but am open to suggestions before making any final decisions.

• Like 1

Would like to see a ride out Natchez Trace way, Williamson Co.

I rode this route for the first time last summer with Jaysan60, nice roads tailored for group rides!

There's quite a nice loop you can do if that's your thing. Natchez->50->48->49->251 (Or finish up a little differently depending on your final destination). 48 south of 100 and 49 are some great riding roads if traffic is light.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

Just a suggestion: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tn85.html

Heed the warnings though. If you ride your own ride it's a fantastic road. If you don't, you could end up like me, coming over the top of a hill really fast with a 90+ degree turn to the right and looking down at the river below. Thank God for anti-lock brakes is all I can say. :D

"This is not a road for crotch rockets!!!"

Haha, having ridden behind cruiser dudes on The Dragon, I suspect the crotch rockets would have an easier time of it. They're not just about riding WOT.