Sig MPX Gen 2

I will have one soon, and it will be SBR'd with a sliding stock and probably suppressed.

My buddy has a Gen 1, and it is awesome.  His has the folding Sig brace, but I think he is going to SBR his, too.  What has pushed me over the edge to finally get a 9mm carbine is the new PCC divisions in 3 gun and USPSA.  It'll be cheaper to shoot than 5.56, and I can actually practice with it in the ORSA action pistol bays (we're not allowed to shoot rifle calibers there except on match day).  

The only things that I don't like are:  1.)  the AR-style charging handle.  I wish they had gone with a side charger like the CZ  2.)  The gun feels kinda heavy for how small it is  3.)  The trigger feels like any mil-spec AR trigger (because it basically is). The good part is you can put aftermarket AR triggers in it.  Mine will probably have a Geissele Super 3G. 

• 3 weeks later...

I actually won a 16" and for that price I love it. I have an Omega 9K in jail and my form 1 has been submitted.

I pretty much agree with LawVol.  The trigger is and the weight in the front are my biggest gripes.  But when it gets converted to a 5" barrel it should take care of that issue and I already swapped the trigger out.

The intended purpose should dictate the route you take for the butt stock.   Mine came with the collapsible stock and getting a proper cheek weld/sight alignment is a little awkward.  Running drills with it takes some getting used to.  I'm considering getting a different stock but that will be later down the road.

One more thing to consider is the price of magazines.  $60 a piece is steep in my book. 

20 hours ago, Scorpian Equalizer said:

I love everything except the $69.00 mags. 

Same here. The magazine prices are ridiculous. What I don't like is that a $1,500 gun comes in a cardboard box with one magazine... Luckily I bought mine used and it came with 7 magazines. If you look on Gunbroker there are some deals on mags that are slightly cheaper but still overpriced.

I'm really hoping Magpul comes out with an alternative.

1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

Same here. The magazine prices are ridiculous. What I don't like is that a $1,500 gun comes in a cardboard box with one magazine... Luckily I bought mine used and it came with 7 magazines. If you look on Gunbroker there are some deals on mags that are slightly cheaper but still overpriced.

I got lucky with mine coming in a nice hard case specifically designed for the MPX pistol, and I bought the one time Sig special three magazine and pouch for $139.00. I bought 4 other mags at $69.00 each at LGS. Mine is the Gen I version.

Edited by Scorpian Equalizer
On 5/28/2016 at 7:37 AM, LawVol said:

What has pushed me over the edge to finally get a 9mm carbine is the new PCC divisions in USPSA.

Are the clubs in TN embracing this new division yet?  I'm taking a bit of a break from 3-gun (too much gear to prep and haul), and might consider coming back to USPSA for a bit to shoot this.  PCC is really fun.

• Admin Team
18 hours ago, Erik88 said:

You had a Gen2 come in cardboard.  Mine came in a nice hard case with the aforementioned coupon for discounted magazines and accessories.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, MacGyver said:

You had a Gen2 come in cardboard.  Mine came in a nice hard case with the aforementioned coupon for discounted magazines and accessories.

That's correct, it was a crappy box. I suspect the previous owner used the coupon which is why he had so many.

12 hours ago, Fourtyfive said:

Picking mine up Monday, I expect a cardboard box. 

An new friend of mine has a Gen 1 he's SBR'ing. Got all his parts and sent paperwork in this week. He's having fits to assemble that puppy!