OWB Holster choices... choices...

I have a XD 45 compact with a 4" barrel and looking for a good, comfortable OWB leather holster. I prefer to wear it at 4 o'clock and would like it to conceal but that's not the first priority. I've looked at many but can't make up my mind. I can't find a local dealer where I can try them out. I'm about 5'10" and 185 lbs.

I like the DM Bullard Dual Carry for versatility in case I want to go IWB but how well do the clips or optional belt loops hold on to the belt? I'm afraid there would be too much play in them.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest truthsayer
I have a XD 45 compact with a 4" barrel and looking for a good, comfortable OWB leather holster. I prefer to wear it at 4 o'clock and would like it to conceal but that's not the first priority. I've looked at many but can't make up my mind. I can't find a local dealer where I can try them out. I'm about 5'10" and 185 lbs.

I like the DM Bullard Dual Carry for versatility in case I want to go IWB but how well do the clips or optional belt loops hold on to the belt? I'm afraid there would be too much play in them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Guns and Ammo on Summer Ave has a decent selection of holsters. I'd start there if you haven't tried them yet.

I've seen Carryloks in the past at Bass Pro, Sportman's Warehouse, and Range USA. According to Bianchi's website, they make a Carrylok for the XD-9 and XD-40. Another option would be the Bianchi Model 5:

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=5

I used this holster for concealed carry for two years, and shot IDPA with it for a year and a half. It's rock stable and conceals well. Practice with it a little bit, and you can draw your gun about as quickly as anybody else.

Edited by deerslayer

Thanks for the feedback!

Clips are okay, but on a 1.5" belt there is some play, as the clips will also accommodate 1.75". The Dual Carry is handy if you want to carry OWB once in a while, but if you do a lot of it, a dedicated OWB holster is better.

Speaking of Bullard, I have his BodyGuard also. It's nice, just turns out I'm not going to carry that way too much. It's a fine OWB conceal holster, but note that due to design and cant it really is only optimum for 4:30-5:00, just like pic shows.

He also makes the Combat, pretty much straight drop that could be used anywhere.

33226434_scaled_359x384.JPG

Edited by OhShoot

Thanks for the feedback!

As much as I like my Dual Carry for IWB it has too much design compramise for serious OWB.

check ok kd holsters they have a dual purpose holster that looks great & I've heard nothing but great things about there quality.

The K&D is awesome!....except for the 14+ week wait!:rolleyes: I had the Dakota Defender and loved it!

• 2 weeks later...