So We Sit and Wait.....

Fourtyfive

11 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Well we know he can get a ICBM way up in the sky but can't get it to re-enter without burning up so if he blows an EMP in outer space can he take out the space station. I bet that would Pizz of a few countries huh?

The ISP is manned by American and Russians (among others). Why would he kill it when certain death for him and his regime would follow?

He isn’t going to launch a nuke at anyone.

1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

The ISP is manned by American and Russians (among others). Why would he kill it when certain death for him and his regime would follow?

He isn’t going to launch a nuke at anyone.

Do you honestly think he is thinking that far a ahead? it could be an out of control rocket, a glich in one that goes array. He has been shooting them over Japan so what happens if one misses up and hits Japan? In all honesty I don't think he really cares where the damn things land. I think he is just happy to see them fly away like he is saying look what I can do!!! If any one of his Missiles hits any land mass with people on it he is toast because an OOOPP's I'm sorry won't get it done then!!! That would be considered an act of war!!!! 

So what do we do? Big question is it not? 

If we do a preemptive strike and discover he is no where near the capability he States them we have big issues. 

If we do and find something then it will be said we made it up and used as further propaganda. 

If he launches first at someone other than the USA then it is a UN fiasco. 

Of course our treaties will come into play then so it gets complicated. 

So other than talking heads complaining what is the answer? Someone fill us in on a good plan for dealing with NK. 

33 minutes ago, n0rlf said:

So what do we do? Big question is it not? 

If we do a preemptive strike and discover he is no where near the capability he States them we have big issues. 

If we do and find something then it will be said we made it up and used as further propaganda. 

If he launches first at someone other than the USA then it is a UN fiasco. 

Of course our treaties will come into play then so it gets complicated. 

So other than talking heads complaining what is the answer? Someone fill us in on a good plan for dealing with NK. 

China is the only plan as of right now. It all rests on their shoulders and the whole world is watching to see what China does. I don't see us striking first. Our top level military people and our scientists can pretty much tell how close he is to having what he is seeking.

Oh and there is one more option, slim but still on the table and that would be an uprising with in his own country to remove him and his cronies from power by his own people before he gets them all killed. They may not succeed but it will take his mind off what he is doing right now.......JMHO

18 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

China is the only plan as of right now. It all rests on their shoulders and the whole world is watching to see what China does. I don't see us striking first. Our top level military people and our scientists can pretty much tell how close he is to having what he is seeking.

Oh and there is one more option, slim but still on the table and that would be an uprising with in his own country to remove him and his cronies from power by his own people before he gets them all killed. They may not succeed but it will take his mind off what he is doing right now.......JMHO

I tend to think along the same lines. China is probably the best bet and that is scary at best and terrifying at worse. 

As for his own country riding up I am doubtful. They are weak, malnourished, and scared. I think they are beyond the point of being able to stage an effective uprising. 

Certainly a tough situation. Made more so by the whole Iraq wmd stupidity. I am afraid I was correct when I said that would come back and haunt us. 

Problem is we are not and cannot be the world's police force. That has just made is the bad guy more often than not. And backfired more than a few times. 

Seems every time the USA tried that even with good intentions (yeah I know) it turns out really ugly. 

I do not have the answers but I do not think Trump does either. Hope he really thinks this through. And he loses his Twitter device. 

4 hours ago, n0rlf said:

China is probably the best bet and that is scary at best and terrifying at worse. 

Not really...China wants to have North Korea in a certain place depending on what we'll do.  They love how much NK makes us dedicate time, troops, resources, and money to a very small area/threat that can't engage them elsewhere in the region, and has been keeping them afloat at minimal cost to them for maximum drain on us.

China may want NK to have a credible nuclear threat, or they may finally exert needed pressure to keep them close to where they're at now (armed, but not very capable), I'm not entirely sure.  One thing I am fairly sure of is they don't want NK crossing the line that forces our hand, and brings a war to their backyard.  That's bad for business as they continue to grow their economy, and bad for their long term plan to watch us spend ourselves into irrelevance.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, btq96r said:

One thing I am fairly sure of is they don't want NK crossing the line that forces our hand, and brings a war to their backyard.  That's bad for business as they continue to grow their economy, and bad for their long term plan to watch us spend ourselves into irrelevance.

China's government isn't monolithic. They have people who think the way you described, but they also have plenty of hawks. So far, the business-minded have been winning out in most cases, but that could change.

20 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Well, the NK missiles certainly reach "space", last one was 2800 miles  (the International Space Station orbits at 220 miles).

- OS

I was commenting on the need for the device to be in space instead of on a missile once it's in the atmosphere...  Agreed, they can for sure reach space.

19 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well we know he can get a ICBM way up in the sky but can't get it to re-enter without burning up so if he blows an EMP in outer space can he take out the space station. I bet that would Pizz of a few countries huh?

Unlikely, the ISS is high enough to above the zone where EMP's are generated, possible but very very unlikely.  Much easier to blow a nuke up in the path of the ISS and kill them from radiation when they pass through it.

1 hour ago, n0rlf said:

Killing off the ISS does what though? Guarantees NK becomes a sandbox. 

I was not really inferring he would target it specifically but hit it by accident or have an ICBM self destruct near it by accident. He is a kind of wreckless guy I think.............JMHO 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

I was not really inferring he would target it specifically but hit it by accident or have an ICBM self destruct near it by accident. He is a kind of wreckless guy I think.............JMHO 

I am pretty sure, oops, I did not mean that, would not change the outcome for the Lil Rocketman. No matter how it occurred it is the outcome that would matter.

I do not think "wreckless" is the correct term, "sane" perhaps comes to mind. Now granted one does usually lead to the other.

On 12/4/2017 at 1:32 PM, n0rlf said:

I do not think "wreckless" is the correct term, "sane" perhaps comes to mind. Now granted one does usually lead to the other.

Let's remember that his granddad, Kim Il-sung, was famous for having a large goiter on his neck that was always airbrushed out of official state photos, he was constantly portrayed as being the tallest man in the room when only barely 5'1" (airbrushing or standing on a lift of some sort), and was particularly fond of wandering into wheat fields and rice paddies and preaching Marxist doctrine to the crops, exhorting them to grow strong and plentiful.

THAT's the root of the madness that Rocket Boy comes from. 

Whether he is cognate as to consequences? Couldn't say. If he keeps chucking hardware about the way he is, there WILL eventually be a malfunction, and Japan has had enough that they may just ditch the MacArthur constitution, and go after him themselves, if a dud drops in their land. ("Hey, this joker ain't kidding any more, no WAY are we gonna have any more nukes around, if you guys won't help us, we'll do it ourselves" mindset.)

And yes, sitting around waiting isn't very good.

SWC a/k/a KI7CIL

On 12/1/2017 at 9:01 AM, n0rlf said:

I do not disagree with either of you Bersa or Greg. I would add that the same ones listed by Bersa are responsible for NK as well. They kept making deals that got the idiots where they are even after the NK side broke them. Stupid is as stupid does.

Of course that says a lot about the folks that reelected all of the dummies.

I absolutely hate WalWart and will avoid it at all costs. They are China mart these days and the folks they hire are about some of the most dumbest people in our country. Not to mention lazy as all get out.

Been with WM almost eleven years, thanks. I'll agree that we have some damn lazy people on board.... half of em jabbering away in Spanish, but try to get one of em to help translate for a customer and they evaporate into the woodwork.

Most of my time there has been in sporting goods... selling firearms. I had to bone up on what little I knew about them the first two months I was in the department and have done my deadlevel to stay apprised. In addition, since my department is located way in back of the building with regard to the entrances, the lazy ones in other departments see fit to point the customers they can't be troubled to interrupt their gossip with back to us, and I end up having to get the customers to where they wanted to go... which is usually not far from above-mentioned gossipers. 

And I don't just give directions, I walk with them, as I know a little of whats in our 250k ft^2  store, here and there. This takes me out of my department long enough for other departments to be screaming at me "Where were you?" I don't mind, as I was taking care of the customer , and they weren't, if they ever want to push the issue.

I've gotten chewed by the bosses for referring customers to other stores for things. I point out that they will remember who did the pointing and actually gave a damn about helping them, and will come back because of it. Said bosses pull back and mutter into their stock portfolios.

So, those of us that actually DO work (as opposed to those who llene el espacio y dibuje la paga) would be kinda pleased, I think, at a little less liberal application of the broad brush.

And apologies for the drift from Rocket Boy.

SWC a/k/a KI7CIL

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SWCUMBERLAND said:

Been with WM almost eleven years, thanks. I'll agree that we have some damn lazy people on board.... half of em jabbering away in Spanish, but try to get one of em to help translate for a customer and they evaporate into the woodwork.

Most of my time there has been in sporting goods... selling firearms. I had to bone up on what little I knew about them the first two months I was in the department and have done my deadlevel to stay apprised. In addition, since my department is located way in back of the building with regard to the entrances, the lazy ones in other departments see fit to point the customers they can't be troubled to interrupt their gossip with back to us, and I end up having to get the customers to where they wanted to go... which is usually not far from above-mentioned gossipers. 

And I don't just give directions, I walk with them, as I know a little of whats in our 250k ft^2  store, here and there. This takes me out of my department long enough for other departments to be screaming at me "Where were you?" I don't mind, as I was taking care of the customer , and they weren't, if they ever want to push the issue.

I've gotten chewed by the bosses for referring customers to other stores for things. I point out that they will remember who did the pointing and actually gave a damn about helping them, and will come back because of it. Said bosses pull back and mutter into their stock portfolios.

So, those of us that actually DO work (as opposed to those who llene el espacio y dibuje la paga) would be kinda pleased, I think, at a little less liberal application of the broad brush.

And apologies for the drift from Rocket Boy.

SWC a/k/a KI7CIL

I am a government employee. I feel your pain brother!