Summer Carry Weapon

SkWaShDeM

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dotsun

Heh, yeah I was made by a walmart gun clerk the other day. Cheryl and I were looking at .22 rifles and I'm sure I printed like hell when I shouldered the gun. I saw the chick look down at the nice Glock print and look back up real quick. I thought she handled it well. It was like one of those 'yeah I know my fly's open and you know my fly's open, but we won't mention it' moments. :popcorn:

Guest Hyaloid

And definitely a big plus for Joe is his customer service attitude. Could you come brainwash some of the FFL's here in Johnson City into thinking like that for me? That'd be swell.

No kidding... some of the folks around here certainly take your business for granted.

When is the Tricities edition of Hero-Gear opening? Maybe that fella ou fired in the other thread, could just be coerced out here to open a store for you! :popcorn:

I carry the Kahr K9 daily and I love it. Amazingly accurate, amazingly thin and 100% reliable. I have had my Kahr for 3+ years and have put 2000+ rounds through it in that time. It is a stout(ie...heavy) little gun but with a proper gun belt I wear it IWB with Cargo shorts and a T-shirt with zero problems and it practically disappears. I have shot the polymer version but feel the added weight of steel makes it shoot easier. The number one reason I bought it was how naturally it points in my hand. I also usually carry a 642 J-frame and that is my second choice for summer carry. The J-frames are still quite possibly the greatest carry gun ever devised.

Joe, Dan, Sam, and Rodney at Hero Gear definately spoil us around here. You won't find a better bunch of guys to do business with, or just hang out with.

I have a nice little Smith & Wesson M&P 9c that carries well. It's compact and seems to shoot very well.

Guest Voodoo_1

Just a suggestion. If Joe has a P2000sk and a USPc, place the P2000sk over the top of the USPc. You will notice that there is not a lot of difference in size. Actually the USPc grip is thinner than the P2000sk. This is what I did at a local gun shop and decided on the HK USPc because it fit my hand the best. If you decide on either HK, you have picked a winner. :)

• 8 months later...
Guest stovepipe

Never cared much for the Kel-Tec P3AT. I've shot three on three different occasions and had each of them jam within the first couple of magazines... They look like a great BUGs, but I don't have any confidence in them.

In the summer, when holster carry under an untucked shirt is not appropriate, I like a S&W 642, in a Safariland pocket holster. Conceals well in most comfortable fitting pants. Pocket guns tend to get covered in lint after a while, so I tend to stay away auto-loaders for pocket carry.

Stove

I have started carrying a P-9 in my pocket and it really isn't noticable. Haven't gotten around to buying one of those nifty pocket holsters yet. I was pocket carrying an S&W model 60, also easy to conceal, just a bit to heavy.

Never cared much for the Kel-Tec P3AT. I've shot three on three different occasions and had each of them jam within the first couple of magazines... They look like a great BUGs, but I don't have any confidence in them.

Stove

KT's have to be broken in to not do that.As far as I know they all do it at first,but after 100-150 rounds they run smooth.

Guest Rando

I really like my Kel-Tec, it did have some jamming problems but I found out it was the round prac ammo I was using. I picked up some narrower ammo and do just fine and they are very accurate. I let my wife try it out but it bit her, you gotta watch how you hold them and still use a firm grip so it will cycle correctly. I have a pocket holster for it and a clip on it so I can hang gun only behind my belt. I also have a Colt Pony but they are a bit heavy compared to the KT.

Rando

Guest .45Jon

I've been carrying the CW9 for a little while and really like it, it's perfect for me, the PM9 is to small and I don't care to much for the way it feels(or the price) but would be great for pocket carry. If for some reason ur in my area ur more than welcome to shoot it.

-Jon

Guest tadams

I have owned a PF9 for about a year. I recently sold it to a great friend and bought a long gun. My reason for selling was my purchase of a P3... and a real bad itch for my first ever hunting rifle. :bowrofl: The P3 size was what I was really hoping for. The PF9 was just a tad larger than what I really had in mind. (wallet holster, pocket carry, possibly smart-carry)

Mine was one of the first out there. It was, in fact, the earliest serial recorded in TN on KTOG.org. It got shipped back to FL a couple times. I sincerely believe that all the problems have been resolved and the "testing phase" is complete. Following proper break-in, fluff and buff, and at least 50 more range rounds I would feel 100% comfortable with carrying another.

If you've got any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I just had a surgery earlier today and it looks like I'll be sitting around on my laurels for longer than expected, so I might as well exercise the fingers. :shrug:

I guess I'm chiming in late on this thread...but as to what to pick...when it comes to carry guns I'd go with whatever your used to.(trigger type, grip angle, mag drop location, sights, etc.) When in an OS moment (Oh Sh#@!,) your brain is going to resort to whatever training you have. If you've trained with DAO striker type pistols then I'd stick to that. If you go to lets say a DA/SA type system...its a totally different setup then your used to...and that first pull will be drastically different. Going from an XD to a Glock...somewhat similar system...but drastic grip angle differences. There's more well made guns on the market than ever right now...lots to choose from...but my 2 cents...when it comes to carry guns...get whatever system your brain is used to.

Guest Killthewabbit

I know it's not on your list...I carry a S&W 340 pd in the summer.

It's lite as feather and can slide right in a pants pocket or in my case it fits perfectly in my jersey pocket when I'm pedalin' down the TN backroads.

jus my .02 cents

Guest TurboJeff

In my work clothes, I can stay with my current setup of a Glock 30 in a Galco Royal Guard IWB, with a Dillon Leather Double mag pouch on the other side.

But for summer time clothes like shorts and T-shirts, etc. I like to carry one of my two model 36s, but my father is carrying one, and my wife has claimed the other one. Oh well, maybe I can sneak in a purchase of that 442 Airweight I've been eyeballing!

I've thought about carrying my Colt Lawman MKIII .357 snubby, but that darn thing is actually on a larger frame w/ six shot cylinder. I think it may be heavier that either of my 1911s. Hmmm...what to do, what to do? I could just stick with the Glock 30, but that's no fun, I would like some variety for summer. I think I may have to go after that 442 airweight before it's over. I just don't need for the wife to see it, and like it better than the old model 36.

Guest db99wj

Same as my winter carry, XD40 service. I will continue to wear pants, shirt and tie at work. When not at work, shorts (cargo for the most part) and either a tshirt or golf shirt (polo type shirt) With the CTAC, it disappears.