Sign in to follow this  
A.J. Holst

New to me RAMI 2075 P

Wasn't looking, considering it would have cheaper to buy a 9mm barrel for my recently acquired P224.

Being heavy in CZ mags, I justified the purchase of a nearly identical firearm based on current ownership and positive experience with CZ, private, local sale at a fair price and mag compatibility.

It's weak, but I think this is going to be a dandy little gun.

IMG_20181027_153818373.jpg

• Like 2

I have both the safety & decocker, fun little shooters, I would like to find a poly one to see if it is the same as the metal ones feel to complete the trifecta 

Update.

Frame bulge discovered after shooting and cleaning and internet.

Trigger pin walking right to left.

Called CZ, Randal said cosmetic, but fix available.

09 model, out of warranty. 

They still covered shipping and will cover parts / labor upon inspection when it hits the bench.

Read two instances where CZ sent the owner a replacement non P. 

Hope I get my original gun back.

Hats off to CZ for proactive customer service.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:40 PM, beezer92 said:

I have both the safety & decocker, fun little shooters, I would like to find a poly one to see if it is the same as the metal ones feel to complete the trifecta 

I'm curious to really compare trigger feels, my 75B is an Omega,  (P01) a decocker and this one will be a standard safety.

Interesting. I thought the frame issues were only with the .40S&W version, not the 9mm.

Anyway, regrading the trigger pin, that's very common. Mine was fine after several hundred rounds after purchase. But after having punched it out for the first time (for polish work on trigger bar, etc), it never seated reliably. The solution is to get the floating trigger pin from CGW. I got it in all my CZ pistols. It removes any worries about the pin walking. It's one of the must-have upgrades, just like more comfortable triggers. (The RAMI's trigger is known for being uncomfortable to many).

2 hours ago, Obiwan said:

The solution is to get the floating trigger pin from CGW.

It's going to CGW after I get it back from CZ.

They worked on my Omega, its a keeper.

My current debate is the sights. It's equipped with fully adjustable rear, but both front and rear are luminous. I'm thinking about a compatible improved front and retaining the oem rear.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SonnyCrockett
      https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Taurus-gun-facility-will-bring-300-jobs-to-Bainbridge-564358211.html

300+ jobs too.  I cant wait to own one that says MADE IN THE USA on it
    • By ken_mays
      I visited the range and put about 250 rounds through the 92X Performance.
      The trigger measures about 6.5# in DA and 3.3 # in SA.   Weight of the gun without a magazine is 2 lbs, 13 oz.
      The reliability was perfect with both included magazines.   I was shooting reloads, 115gr Brazos coated LRN atop 4.6gr Titegroup.   Accuracy of this load in this gun was mediocre, about 2" at 15 yards.   I didn't have any other ammo with me to test with.  I don't know if they had any special accuracy requirements for this gun; I did detect slight movement of the muzzle when the barrel is in battery, so that's not great.
      Shooting impressions:  Sights provided a good picture.  I'm going to nitpick the front fiber sight a bit and say that the fiber was placed higher than I like.  I'm used to Dawsons, which are easier to align vertically.  I found myself looking for the top of the black front sight to get alignment for precise shots, only to find glowing dot there.  So I'll probably replace that.   The rear sight was easy to adjust, I had to dial it a few clicks up and over to get my hits where I wanted.
      I disliked the "gas pedal" style takedown lever.   It's only large enough to get maybe half the tip of my thumb onto it, and the edges and corner are far too sharp for comfort.  I'm going to look into swapping it out for a standard 92 part.  I shot most of the time with my thumb underneath it.
      I also wasn't fond of the slide stop's angled tab.  Its proximity to the safety lever and its downward rake of the tab meant it was more difficult to find and hit than it should have been.  I'm not really sure why they didn't use a standard 92 part; maybe they were worried that people who ride the safety would accidentally hold it down with the tip of their thumb.
      The thumb safety was OK: it had a good tension on and off, and the extended "shelf" was easily reached by the thumb, although I would have preferred it to extend further back.  Beretta says they will offer 3 different sizes of safety lever, but I haven't been able to find out what they look like yet.
      The safety did make slide manipulation a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to on 92s.  Between the location of the serrations (low on the slide) and the prominent safety levers, it makes grabbing the "sweet spot" more of a challenge -- if you grab too low, your fingers will be blocked by the safety.   I'm glad they included forward serrations, they're probably going to see a lot of use on this gun.
      The frame serrations were a bit of a help, but not what I'd call sharp enough to be really useful, and the slick nickel/tin finish wasn't helpful here.  I would skateboard tape over the frontstrap if I were going to do much competing with it... not that such a heavy gun is all that hard to hang onto in 9mm, but I like my grip to be locked in.
      The built-in mag funnel was well done.  No lanyard loop, and it looks like you can get to the mainspring housing pin without taking the grips off. I thought the beavertail might prove to be a problem due to its sharp corners, but that was pretty much a non-issue.

• By Grayfox54
      With Glock's  announcement of their new .22, it got me to thinking about understudy guns. Basically, that would be guns that look and feel like full size centerfire defensive guns, but in the much cheaper and easier to shoot .22 caliber. It simply makes for more trigger time with a gun that feels like what you carry. I'm a long time fan of this concept. 
      I've said many times that my S&W Model 18 is the gun that taught me to properly shoot a DA revolver. Its my favorite revolver and goes to the range more than any other gun I own. My favorite carry revolvers are also S&W K-frames. 
      Some years ago I picked up a Ciener Platinum Cup .22 conversion unit for the 1911 at a great price. I became so fond of it that I built up a bare frame to mount it on permanently. 
      A year or so ago I bought a Walther PPK/S .22 and enjoy shooting it. 
      Not too long ago I picked up a LNIB .22 conversion for my Sig P226. Honestly, I've gotten so that I shoot the .22 more than the 9mm. 
      Anybody else have an understudy gun? How do you feel about the idea? 

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines