Thief stole my 18 foot trailer this morning

jeffmem

Got a call from my neighbor this morning while I was on my way to work and he asked me if I was having some people work on my house since he noticed a strange truck in the driveway. I said no, hung up and called 911. I got home about 10 minutes after they left with the trailer. My neighbor is a sheriff and he drove around trying to help me find the guys but no luck.

If anyone sees a silver GMC pickup with an 18ft car hauler in the Memphis/Lakeland/Fayette county area let me know. The picture below is from my security camera as they were leaving.

017-capture.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

That sucks! H8 to hear that. Thieves should be crucified like in the "good ole days".

Don't you wish you would have sprung a little extra cash and got the security camera with the auto targeting .50 cal and the Friend from Foe identification software?

The neighbor that saw the trailer being stolen is not the sheriff. The sheriff lives one house down (10 acres away) and heard the call on his radio. I called 911 at 9:17 and the first police car was at my door at 9:26. So we almost got the guys but were a little too late.

I am using a panasonic wv-nm100 which is an indoor camera but I have used it under an eve outdoors for about 4 years and it has been solid. I use a linux box with zoneminder software to do the motion capture.

There were some thefts in the Wilson Count/Sumner County area where a guy and his bud were stealing trailers and back ho equipment and selling them at an auction in Knoxville. I hope the perps that stole your trailer don't have a moments peace for the rest of their lives. Nothing worse than a thief, except maybe a liar.

Just for *****s and giggles I took your pic into Photoshop and played with it but its too dang grainy and the sun was so harsh I couldn't even make the color of the truck If I had to take my best guess it is light blue. But I do know since I had one that is a 92-95 Chevy/GMC 1500 series regular cab truck. Makes you want to go out and buy one of those GPS trackers so you can just go beat the hell out of them and take it back.

I was not using a hitch lock or anything to secure it. I did go out a buy a tongue lock for my other trailer yesterday. There is some good news ... i made up a flyer and passed it out to a few of my neighbors and he told me that he has passed the truck a few times as he is leaving for work. So it looks like they might be using my street to cut through to wherever they are going (I am in a somewhat rural area that most people would not come to unless then needed to take a shortcut between a couple of roads). So hopefully they will drive by again while I am at home.

Yeah kinda what I figured... you would just be zooming in on pixels and all.

Send it to CSI Miami. Not only could they give you the tag number, they would give you the VIN # and get the guys address of an envelop laying on the front seat.:hat:

That show kills me with all the fancy bull:poop: that they use.

Send it to CSI Miami. Not only could they give you the tag number, they would give you the VIN # and get the guys address of an envelop laying on the front seat.:D

That show kills me with all the fancy bull:poop: that they use.

Yeah, plus they would inevitably find semen at the crime scene, and they could track down the perp after entering the sample into the BGSD (that's "Bad Guy Semen Database" for those of you not in the know).

Would there be anyway to enhance the pic and get the license plate or does that only work in movies?

No the amount you can zoom on a picture depends on the resolution. A low end security camera takes probably lass than 1MP (Mega Pixel) so lets say tat pic has 1million pixels. Higher end camera go up to 8mp or more so yo uhave 8million pixels in the same amount of space. The 8mp I could blow up to a poster with no distortion visible to the human eye, The 1mp you can already see the pixels so there is very little that can be done. The most i can do is adjust to get the sun and shadows out or reduced to see it a little better.

Dude, that sucks!!!!!! A friend of my wife who has a lawn care service has been hit a couple of times recently. Thieves are SCUM. i can't wait to move out of this city. I'll keep an eye out, but the wife and I both have drill this weekend in other cities, but we'll keep on th look-out.