Handgun Carry Permit Database

Guest RedDog

I used scourge being nice lol I kinda rattled it off and didn't feel like justifying myself to the guy. I just wanted him to know I was pissed and doing something about it.

Feel free and feel free to add or subtract. I'm gonna make sure every range and gun shop knows about this starting in the AM.

Do you agree to send it to his home?

I think the editors' names and addresses should be published for all to see. Also try to get their rap sheets. It can all be done with classified ads or better yet the internet. Throw this garbage back in the Commercial Appeal's face. I thought pretty low of their paper around election time for the obvious Obama slant, now I won't even buy it for the sports' section.

I think the rare 1 out of 200,000 permits going bad for a violent crime is a pretty good %. Why shouldn't these so called journalists have to get a permit from the government?

I think the rare 1 out of 200,000 permits going bad for a violent crime is a pretty good %. Why shouldn't these so called journalists have to get a permit from the government?

Because the First Amendment to the Constitution gives them the right to...oh, wait, that can't be it, because they think the Second Amendment is meaningless. It must be something else.... :D

BTW, has anyone done a search to see how many, if any, of their staff members have permits? What about other "anti-" media types?

Edited by Falcon1

I changed my address a few months ago and it doesn't have my current address.

Of course this is not an up to the moment live link to the DOS, I imagine the Commercial Appeal got the info at some point a few months ago and developed this database on their own.

Might want to contact your legislators about..

HB0053 Handgun Permits - As introduced, makes information contained in handgun carry permit applications and renewals, information provided to agencies to investigate applicant, and records maintained relative to the permit application confidential and creates Class E felony of unauthorized publication of permit information or records.

Publish names, addresses, DOB, any information on these hot shot journalists. Even home phone numbers if you've got them. They need to get a taste of their own medicine.

Guest TN_Mike

Yep, my wife and I are both on the list. If it doesn't find you, just enter your last name and hit search.

I don't like that this info is out there. Seems like a good way to alert criminals where they might find some guns.

Edited by TN_Mike

Found this on another forum:

For your enjoyment, using WhitePages.addresses.com, here's the managing staff of the Memphis Commercial Appeal:

Name Job Home Address City,State,Zip

Joseph Pepe president and publisher 3195 Wetherby Cv S Germantown, TN 38139

Steve Tomb VP of Operations 1846 Wildcreek Cv Collierville, TN 38017

Chris Peck editor 21 Belleair Dr Memphis, TN 38104

Otis Sanford editor/opinion & editorials 3396 Park Ave Memphis, TN 38111

Eric Janssen VP of Digital Media 8996 Stratfield Cv Germantown, TN 38139

Scott Sines managing editor 2136 Wentworth Ln Germantown, TN 38139

Daniel Moehle VP/Chief Financial Officer 3172 Devonshire Way Germantown, TN 38139

Karl Wurzbach VP of Sales and Marketing 3098 Bentwood Run Dr Collierville, TN 38017

Robert Jiranek VP of New Business Development 175 Waring Rd Memphis, TN 38117

Bob Pinarski Advertising director 3961 Herons Landing Ln Arlington, TN 38002

Denise Holman Manager of Classified Advertising 720 Litty Ct 103 Memphis, TN 38103

Paul Jewell Marketing director 1439 Vance Ave Memphis, TN 38104

No particular reason, just posting public records.

• Like 1
Guest edge3343

I took a look @ the Commercial Appeal site again this morning and the street name of permit holders have been removed. So now if someone is looking for guns to steal they have to paste the 1st and last in to the white pages.

Edited by edge3343
I took a look @ the Commercial Appeal site again this morning and the street name of permit holders have been removed. So now if someone is looking for guns to steal they have to paste the 1st and last in to the white pages.

Just saw that. It's a start, but I want it ALL gone. There is no need for a newspaper to publish that kind of information PERIOD!

I just sent an e-mail to the editor. I also noticed that I was able to find almost every member of my police dept. All a criminal would have to do is type in our name and he has our address, even if our phone/address is unlisted. Granted it would not be hard to find out where we live, but let's not make it any easier.

I have called John Tanners office to see if we can get some heat from above. I have called everyone I know that has a permit to piss them off and to get them to call everyone they know to get them pissed. My Representatives have been contacted, waiting for call backs. The argument I am using is that I want to keep guns out of criminals hands. I tell them that this is a golden opportunity for criminals to obtain firearms through theft. I am going to wait until midnight to call the people from the Commercial Appeal just for effect.

As far as searching just put in city and nothing else, could not find my wifes because I used Pam not Pamela.

I just got off the phone with Matthew Hill about this, I'm impressed with his response times. I emailed him at 1:33 EST this afternoon, and he called me back at 3:17 pm while I was out running errands. He called me back within 10 minutes or so of my response to his call.

He said he was supportive of HB0053, and said if it cleared committee, he would definitely vote yes on it. He also said that he was pretty optimistic about the bill getting through the committee and out to the floor of the assembly for a vote.