Rifle Storage Sticks - Check This Out

Guest justinbelcher13

Would you buy these for $4 if you saw how well they worked?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy these for $4 if you saw how well they worked?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Guest justinbelcher13

Heres the deal. I came up with these rifle storage sticks. They are for helping store more long guns in your safe. They slide down into your barrel, and have a head on top with velcro that hooks to the bottom of the shelf above your guns. This lets the guns stand perfectly straight, instead of leaning them against the sides. I have a 15 gun safe, which could barely hold 10 guns with my ar15 and a couple scoped rifles. I started using these rifle storage sticks and now I have all 10 of my guns in it, and have room for 8 or 10 more. This makes it so much easier to store your guns, and you can get them in and out without knocking them and dinging them into each other. These are made out of a soft enough plastic to be sure to cause no damage to the gun, but rigid enough to hold up the heaviest of guns. I am not trying to sell these yet, just want your guys opinions. Would you guys be willing to buy these? I am trying to decide wether or not to start making them to sell. I would probably charge between 2 and 4 bucks depending on how many you bought. I repeat, these are not for sale right now, just seeing what you guys think about the idea.

I cant get it to upload a picture, but check out this link. I have an ad on there feeling them out to see if I would get much interest.

http://www.golsn.com/listings/outdoor_adventure/firearms/rifles-shotguns/739409.html

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justinbelcher13

Patents cost a few grand minimum. I like the idea, but I need a little reassurance anyone else would even want them before I drop a few grand. But the rod just slides into the gun. The velcro at the top holds it in place. Its hard to imagine how much room they clear up until you actually see a safe with them set up in it.

Guest justinbelcher13

Well that sucks. Are you sure he has a patent? I searched the sight, no info about a patent number of any sort. I also searched a patent database I found online and could not find anything remotely similar.

Guest abailey362
OIC, I thought the guns were actually suspended in the air from the top of the cabinet...

- OS

i'd pay 4 bucks for that

but on topc, saw these on lsn and it looks like a great idea. How long are these and would diff lengths be available?

Well that sucks. Are you sure he has a patent? I searched the sight, no info about a patent number of any sort. I also searched a patent database I found online and could not find anything remotely similar.

On that website, in the section headed "safe shots" you find this:

We love to see our product in action! If you would like to show off your safe with patent pending Rifle Rods or Handgun Hangers installed. Send your pictures to pics@storemoreguns.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and we will get them on the site asap!

If you could get it down to a pack of 10 for $20, plus S/H and get the Shamwow guy to advertise, I'd buy a few packs as Christmas/ B-Day gifts, too!

Ok, on second thought, ditch the shamwow guy. :death:

Guest justinbelcher13

Does anyone on here have any knowledge of patent laws? My product is not identical to his, I do not believe. Also, does patent pending mean it is not yet patented? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your opinions so far.

Guest jackdog

I believe that pat pending means that if the two items were similar than the pending date that is earliest would get the patent. Just a thought but pat. pending might mean he is in the same boat your end and has not applied for a patent yet. If that were the case you could get ahead on a copy right.

Patent pending is a legal term that means the patent has been applied for and he's awaiting approval or denial from the USPTO. If he claims to have a patent application pending but does not he can be fined. I doubt he's claiming that without actually having a patent submitted...

That does suck. That same thing has happened to me on two different patent ideas. That is such a lowsy feeling when you find out that someone else is already making money on your own idea! Maybe you could change a major component of the item. For example, use a magnetic device instead of velcro or some other variation...

If you do use velcro, just remember that "Velcro" is a registered trademark, and you might need permission to use the name when advertising your product. Fortunately the design patent on hook-and-loop fasteners (Velcro) has expired and it falls into the public domain, so you can use it in your own invention without infringing on Velcro's design patent.

Hope it works out for ya!

Guest justinbelcher13

I appreciate all the input guys. I think I am going to start selling them. The guys got patent pending, but from my research Im ok until it is approved. Let me know if you are interested. Guys on here get a better price than the 4 bucks mentioned.