XD locked up!!

My xd9sc is locked. Not the usual lock up everyone else was talkin about in other threads. I have a live round still in the chamber (should have known not to shoot it on Fri. 13). Anyway I was shooting reloads & the trigger just clicked, looked down & the slide was stuck back 1/4". After trying to clear the round the slide is back to normal, loaded indicater is up, & according to the cocked indicator the fireing pin is nowhere near cocked.

Any ideas??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ghostrider
My xd9sc is locked. Not the usual lock up everyone else was talkin about in other threads. I have a live round still in the chamber (should have known not to shoot it on Fri. 13). Anyway I was shooting reloads & the trigger just clicked, looked down & the slide was stuck back 1/4". After trying to clear the round the slide is back to normal, loaded indicater is up, & according to the cocked indicator the fireing pin is nowhere near cocked.

Any ideas??

The only problems I've heard about with the XD is with reloads?

Xd shooter the problem you are having is the brass cases you are using have not been properly resized. I had this same problem and still have occasionally. Is the brass you are using range brass, If so it is probably coming from Glock shooters with their unsupported barrels. Just case gage every round.

My XD has done that when shooting alot of lead. Lead will build up on one side of the chamber and cause a round to stick. I grip the slide with my weak hand and hit the grip with my stong hand, hard.

Yep. Best way. Mine has done that a few times when putting empties in between live rounds to practice misfire drills. Tap rack fail, do the above, get back into it.

You know guys I'm not a mod So Tungsten if this hits wrong i'm sorry. But I had a problem with my gun & how the hell does it go into the Glock & XD wars???

I was simply asking a question.

IMHO if you want to debate XD vs Glock then start your own thread.

OOO BTW FORD SUX!!! Does it mean it ? NO!

Hey to me the jokes & shootin fun are great but the subject of my problem was gone to all matters.

I'm just so sick about the debates on Glock vs Xd, Chevy or Ford. It is the same dang thing every time.

No hard feelings I'm just saying.

If it was anything else "off topic" it probably would not have mattered.

Edited by xd shooter

My Kahr PM9 had one seize in the pipe after firing, had to do same drill to get it out. Was harder to do than XD, 'cause it's harder to get a grip on such a little gun. Was WWB, had a dented case.

My 1964 H&R .22 revolver has had a couple of shell casings that locked up in cylinder after firing. Had to use a punch to drive them out.

But neither ever shot me in the azz like a .... oops, never mind.

- OS

Guest eyebedam
Wasn't you question answered in the second post,just a few minutes after yours?

As I read it,the other posts were jokes.Maybe if you dont like jokes,you should stick to your forum....

I believe they even have there own gunsmith now.

you should stick to your forum....

This sir is uncalled for. There is no need in it. There is no one on this forum or any other that is going to tell me where to put my name.

I apoligized for what I said before I said it & I will say that i'm sorry it came out, just hit me the wrong way.

I'm sorry once again, but I do like to joke arround just not when me or someone else is askin a serious question about a firearn (not a jokeing matter IMO)