What reloader Did y'all start out with First?

Guest fastshotivy

Guest fastshotivy

Please past here what reloader y'all start out with? If your still using it or have you upgrade to. I am looking for something to start with and staying with. Thanks for all input on this.

Thanks again.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started with an RCBS RockChucker about 25 years ago...I still use the same one, but I did buy another RockChucker last year.

Using both presses at once speeds things up considerably...without losing the precision of single stage presses.

I shoot just as much 308 as I do 45acp...the precision matters to me.

years ago.

Then a Herter's U press,

Then 85 or so and still a Redding.

For volume I use a Dillon 550

I have some presses in reserve if the Redding ever fails me.

I tried to get a backup 550, but someone recognized the great deal a couple of minutes before me.

Guest PerazziTM1

I started loading shotshells, Lee handloaders the deluxe modle came in a candy like box about a foot long. Then I went to a Lyman "EASY" loader, then a MEC 600jr, Mec 9000G (progressive) all of these were 12ga, the I added a MEC Grabber in 20 ga (progressive). For the metal stuff its been a RCBS chucker, it will handle everything that I shoot.

Enjoy,

Perazzi

Guest fan of the 1911

Lee kit single stage then RCBS rock chuck, square deal Dillon, 4 hole lee turret, 550 Dillon. Gave the single stage Lee to a friend to start him out. Then sold him the 4 hole Lee turret. Sold the square deal and bought the 550 Dillon. Load all rifle on the Rock chuck except 5.56mm, load all pistol and 5.56mm on the Dillon. Lee single stage press loaded a boat load of 30-06 once upon a time so much so that my brother and I bought the Rock chuck to only seat bullets. De cap and neck size in one press and seat bullets in the other press. When we started loading pistol we had to have a progressive.