Car buffs... website for the new Camaro is up

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Linoge

*sigh* I could just live with a Bullitt Edition Mustang...

Might have actually been able to talk the Better Half into one, too, if it had not been for my pre-Obamamessiah stocking-up...

Might have actually been able to talk the Better Half into one, too, if it had not been for my pre-Obamamessiah stocking-up...

Yeah, I wish the Challenger and Camaro were priced competitively with the Mustang GT...

Good news fellas! A lot of parts for you Camaro's were built right here in Tennessee and Kentucky. I have seen them before they wuz cars!

Just to let you know, GM is pushing hard right now and making huge changes in their methods. If they are not around in a year, it wasn't for lack of trying.

I would like to drive the pi$$ out of one,

After owning the Z06 Corvette I would have to get the SS2.

I do think it will be well worth the pesos reguardless of what GM does.

Guest abailey362

have wanted one since I first saw the photos, and i've always been a mustang guy when it comes to american muscle. Gotta see what they actually sell for, and what my employee family pricing will be :tough:

Especially considering that there's essentially no guarantee that GM will be around to honor warranties a few years from now.

Its a Chevy,you wont need tha warrentyeiies (see,I dont even know how to spell that word!)

Guest mustangdave

That's what the better half got for christmas...

Guest GUTTERbOY

Looking forward to seeing one in person. Love to have one, but that sure as hell ain't in the financial cards... maybe a few years down the road...

it will have comparable performance to the mustang gt with the base model v6 becuase of similar weight and the v6camaro has around 300hp and so does the mustang gt. and the sscamaro will be just a touch faster than the challenger srt8 because of the srt8's excessive weight

I had a new mustang as a rental last year. It reminded me more of my '68 Camaro than what is being produced. The inside made me feel like I was sitting in my old Camaro... the round vents, the gauges, even the shifter. (I have a powerglide.) Even looking over the hood.

I'll have to see one in person, but so far I'm not really impressed. It's nice... but I am afraid GM waited waaay to long.

The speed thing isn't that big of a deal to me. I want reliable nostalgia if I am going retro.

Guest mustangdave
Production started Monday. They are on the way.

:rock:...but GM's closing shop in what? 3 months or so once they finally realize chapter 11 is the only way outa the UAW hole:tinfoil:

• Administrator
If GM went out of business it would actually be better for the Camaro owner as you would instantly have a collectible lol. I really dont see GM going under, hell if they will piss away our money on AIG they definitely will on GM.

Throwing money at a problem won't make it go away.

The mustang will not even come close to competing with the camaro unless they come out with a newer generation soon. The camaro out performs the mustang in every way possible. Performance and fuel economy.

Lay off the Kool-Aid man. This car hasn't even seen daylight yet and you're already bench racing it against cars that are out there on the road. :rock:

I'm about as brand-disloyal as they come, but I've owned a lot of Mustangs and one 1993 Camaro Z28 back in '95. The Camaro was hell on power but blew at everything else. Sales dictate success and the F-body just wasn't generating sales.

It will be very interesting to see how the car fares, but I think you Cambird guys are showing up to the dance a little late if you're expecting another all out horsepower war. The economy won't support it. Had GM gotten off it's ass and released the car back in 2005-07, it would have been a lot more fun. :)

Throwing money at a problem won't make it go away.

Lay off the Kool-Aid man. This car hasn't even seen daylight yet and you're already bench racing it against cars that are out there on the road. :screwy:

I'm about as brand-disloyal as they come, but I've owned a lot of Mustangs and one 1993 Camaro Z28 back in '95. The Camaro was hell on power but blew at everything else. Sales dictate success and the F-body just wasn't generating sales.

It will be very interesting to see how the car fares, but I think you Cambird guys are showing up to the dance a little late if you're expecting another all out horsepower war. The economy won't support it. Had GM gotten off it's ass and released the car back in 2005-07, it would have been a lot more fun. :D

The car has seen plenty of road time and the numbers are out on 1/4 mile times. This car out performs mustangs in every way. You can deny it all you want but this car will be several steps above a mustang IMHO. Go to the website I posted if you want current correct info.

Guest Linoge
The mustang will not even come close to competing with the camaro unless they come out with a newer generation soon. The camaro out performs the mustang in every way possible. Performance and fuel economy.

At those prices, I hope it will.

In my eyes, though, the Bullitt Edition Mustang is still my current dream muscle car.