SIG's now shipping with ONLY One Magazine

DavidD

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SIG SAUER® Commercial Pistols Now Shipping with Single Magazine EXETER, NH SIG SAUER, the leading manufacturer of military, law enforcement, government agency, and commercial firearms, has announced effective March 20, 2009, that all commercial pistols with a standard configuration of two magazines will now ship with a single magazine. This change in configuration is a result of the critical shortage of magazines throughout the industry. SIG SAUER's decision to ship commercial pistols with one magazine will allow existing and new orders to be processed without interruption. Without this change in policy, magazine availability would severely hinder SIG SAUER's ability to meet market demand and ship product in a timely manner. Distributor and dealer single magazine pistol shipments commence immediately. For more information on SIG SAUER, or any if its products, visit www.sigsauer.com.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this means they are cutting the price by ~$40. ;)

Reminds me of when fuel prices spiked last year... tons of freight companies substantially increased their fuel surcharges. Funny thing is, I don't recall seeing any of those charges being removed or reduced after fuel bottomed out. Not to mention the fact that most of those companies were already paying a locked in price for their fuel :D

That stinks. Seems like sig as a company has "lost it's way" so to speak.

How long can they get by on their "classics" while they raise prices and offer nothing new? (one trigger pull and you can tell the p250 is a failure imho)

I wonder how many dealers just pulled the extra mag out of the box they had and put it on the shelf for sale.

Unfortunately, I saw that from a bunch of gun stores back when the 1994 AWB went into effect. Glock was going to start shipping their pistols with only one mag. Magically, all the second mags disappeared from the pistols already in stock, and suddenly the guns stores were flush with extra Glock mags for $80 each. Sad. Hopefully, it won't happen in this case.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I don't know that I would call it weak. In short, they are saying "we can ship pistols with 1 magazine or we can not ship pistols at all because we are waiting on magazines". Seems like anyone who has a Sig on order would rather get it sooner with only one magazine than to have to wait "X" months to get it with two. Will they drop the price? Doubtful - but if people are still buying their product why should they? Capitalism at its finest. Of course, I carry Sigs exclusively so you probably shouldn't trust my obviously biased opinion. :)

Guest 70below
Or you can just buy them from dealers that have inventory of the "good ones"

As soon as things slow down just a bit, I'll heading your way to check things out Joe.

Guest eyebedam

Cheap Bastards have figured how to get us for another 40.00. Plain & simple. Every manufacture has gone up since the election & there all making money hand over fist. This is just 1 more way to fatten the bottom line. Sorry but any gun over 500.00 should come with atleast 2 mags plain & simple & some sigs are way over that mark.

As soon as things slow down just a bit, I'll heading your way to check things out Joe.

Next Friday or Saturday would be good to make the drive.

Almost all manufacturers are doing something like Sig. Candy bars are the same price but not the same size.

Unfortunately, I saw that from a bunch of gun stores back when the 1994 AWB went into effect. Glock was going to start shipping their pistols with only one mag. Magically, all the second mags disappeared from the pistols already in stock, and suddenly the guns stores were flush with extra Glock mags for $80 each. Sad. Hopefully, it won't happen in this case.

Jumbo Sports in Nashville did just that I was working behind gun counter in 1998. We would get in guns years later that still had preban mags in box. They did that some or put two clinton mags in and took out both standard capacity mags. It was sad

I for one see or have no problem with only one mag.

Many guns come this way already.

And even when I buy a gun at 700-1000 price range what is another 30-40$ to buy an extra mag.

I guess I am not one to worry over such a small amount.

:rolleyes:

Guest eyebedam
I for one see or have no problem with only one mag.

Many guns come this way already.

And even when I buy a gun at 700-1000 price range what is another 30-40$ to buy an extra mag.

I guess I am not one to worry over such a small amount.

:screwy:

Well u must like beimg screwed. For 700.00 To 1000.00 why wouldnt they throw in a extra mag that prob only truly cost about 7.00 to produce?