What cars have you regretted selling!

The Legion

15 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Got any pics of the CRXs?  My first car was a 85 CRX.   I had an 88 that I was building into a track car but a friend flipped his 89 hatch so I gave him the CRX shell so he could get back on the road.  

Also, I miss MMP so much and it's only been less than a year.  So sad. 

Honestly probably not. I bet there are a couple in photo albums somewhere. They were all in the 90's and very early 2000's before the days (for me at least) of social media, constant cell phone use, and good cameras on those cell phones. I think I was still rocking that big Motorola brick of a phone you could not kill back then, I might have moved to a Nextel by then. 

I bet I have something in an old photo album but I have never gone back and digitized that stuff. 

My 88 caught fire, electrical, and had minor damage. I needed to pull the engine bay harness and replace it but eventually sold it off to a fellow road racer that had a damaged shell. Someone punted him off a turn at VIR and so he swapped his entire drivetrain and suspension into my decent shell after repainting the hood. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 221 Fireball said:

Probably should've kept my Road King ... and my hair. 😆

IMG_1254.JPG

I have never regretted selling a bike. By the time I sell one, its past its useful life-lol.

Well OK maybe not. I sold my 2010 Ultra in 2016 with 72K on it. The guy that bought it still rides it. But when I take a trip for 2-4 weeks I'd rather have something newer with less miles.

Since this thread came back up, I did sell my late wife's 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis LS as mentioned earlier. Yeah, I felt bad for a few days as it carried a lot of memories. But at 13 mpg and the fact that I rarely drove it, I just couldn't justify keeping it. 🙄

An older man bought it and he was very happy with it. At least it went to a good home and will be used regularly again. 😉

On 12/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, Capbyrd said:

1974 Ford Bronco.  Previous owner did a garbage repair on the rockers and I wasn’t in a position to deal with the rust so I sold it. 

I think I saw you pull out in front of somebody on Sycamore View once in the Bronco.  Kinda reminded me of Frogger in a car.