Beware: Another TGO

I got an email today from TFA warning of another organization operating under the same name as this forum.  Here is an excerpt from that email.  TGO David, you might want to look into them using this forum's name.:

"Tennessee Firearms Association has been active and lawfully formed in Tennessee and with the IRS since as early as 1995.  The state political action committee, Tennessee Firearms Association Legislative Action Committee, is a registered state PAC since 1996 and has decades of public filings with the state to account for its activities. 

In addition, there is an entity that has been in Tennessee for many years known as "Tennessee Gun Owners" or to some simply "TGO".  It entity is known by many for decades as one of the online forums to talk about firearms and has an good reputation among gun owners.

Following the Covenant Shooting, Gov. Lee called for the Legislature to pass a Red Flag law.   That has obviously increased public attention on 2nd Amendment issues in Tennessee and public willingness to be involved. 

On April 19, 2023, shortly after Gov. Lee publicly demanded a Red Flag law, a new entity was formed in Tennessee under the name "Tennessee Gun Owners" - see Secretary of State's Business Search.   This entity has a mailing address on 12th Avenue South in Nashville which appears to be a private mail box at a UPS store.  This entity is sending out mailers asking for money to fight the Red Flag issue and directs people to mail them your credit card number in care of "Chris Dorr".   The recent formation by Dorr of a Tennessee entity appears similar to other organizations set up in other states that some reports also link to Chris Dorr or others in his family."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I got the e-mail too. Sounds like a scam artist to me. Wouldn't be the first time some new organization has ripped people off for donations in the name of gun rights. 💩

Hey Dave, I strongly suggest you fire up a good lawyer before this azz ruins the TGO name. BTW: if you need battle funds, don't be shy to ask. I'll gladly chip in. 😉

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I also received the email message from John Harris, and this prompted me to come here since I had a membership here that apparently lapsed. That's fine - I'm here now and again.

I agree that this venture sound like nothing more than a scheme to capitalize on a threat to the Second Amendment. It is not the first time that some group other the the TFA sent out media presenting their organization as a Tennessee grassroots organization engaged to restore the Second Amendment, but this is the first one of that I know who is soliciting money.

Beware. And join the Tennessee Firearms Association - the REAL grassroots organization.

• Like 3

I spoke with John this morning about this issue this morning.  These two brothers pop up in states and capture a name to fund raise off of, they did not realize TGO was already owned.

They showed up one day, took some video and talked dirty about TFA and NRA and asked for money.  David needs to be prepped...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1