Brace safe for awhile?

Lots of good stuff in the appeals court decision.   Looks like they gave them 60 days to remedy the situation.  We'll have to see what kind of BS happens in that time.  But a lot of good stuff was laid out in  their ruling and comments that could be used if/when this ends up in front of the Supreme Court.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Colt4530 said:

What is the latest situation on pistol braces?  I think I've seen the Supremes are gonna hear the cade, but, currently, are they "legal".  In quotes because the gov't decides what's legal and can change it like their diapers. 

Seeing as they are not enforcing anything, might as well be "legal".  But if you are in one of the organizations that are part of the lawsuits, the stay applies to you.  I am a member of GOA, so covered, but they gave me free stamps for four of mine so they are now full SBRs and other weapons will be wearing the braces.

Edited by Omega
Speeling

It appears the stay applies nationwide now…

https://thereload.com/federal-judge-blocks-nationwide-enforcement-of-pistol-brace-ban/

Federal Judge Blocks Nationwide Enforcement of Pistol-Brace Ban

The ATF can’t arrest anyone for owning a pistol-brace-equipped gun.

That’s the outcome of a ruling handed down by United States District Court Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk on Wednesday. He granted a motion to stay enforcement of the agency’s rule banning the possession of effectively all braced guns that weren’t registered earlier this year. He found the ATF exceeded its power when crafting the rule.……

Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

As Wingshooter posted, it looks to be down for everyone nationwide... for now. 

The Armed Attorneys did a video on it.  They go into more detail on where we are at with it now as the rule was invalidated due to bad behavior in rule making and not on constitutional grounds.  At about 8:00 they go into where we are at now.

https://youtu.be/Ko-2KwkkVxc?si=QS4edue5mz7174Bp&t=92

Jared at Guns and Gadgets did a video on it yesterday as well.  Link below.  Analysis at 5:45 and Conclusion at 9:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-rq3qVpvJA

• Like 1