Hi I have a Walther PPQ m2 9 mm I shot it today for the first time it shot great  but I noticed a definite wall and long trigger pull. Question will springs help this or do I go to a trigger like Walther dynamic or Apex  or Overwatch  ideas  

IMG_0097.jpeg

Edited by Sleep profit
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Sunfish said:

I would run 500 rounds through it before I went to work on it. Often, they improve.

I have to agree with this.  The triggers on the two PDPs that I had got a TON better within a hundred rounds and a lot of dry fire.

• Like 1

As the owner of a few Walthers...PPQ and PDP models...I say this. Wait and shoot them a while. I'm actually surprised to see a negative comment on the stock triggers. Especially on the PPQ models. Personally I find the triggers to be outstand on them. Right up there with the Canik and HK.

If after more range time and at least 300-400 rounds, you still feel this way...Call Walther first.

• Like 1

Thanks all I will put more rounds through it and dry fire as members suggested  I did not mean to come off negative great gun just a lot more more take up then a wall than expected    I didn’t know if this was the norm on this model. hope more rounds will  straighten out 

Not inferring anything on the comment. Just suprised. Maybe my trigger finger is just "uneducated" in the ways of feeling and describing the various triggers of firearms. I've just not had anything really stand out with me on the PPQ series. 

Have had  4, including the 45 model. It was the only one I didn't really like. Probably just me, but I felt, no pun intended, the recoil impluse on the 45 PPQ to be more than I liked. The trigger, as I remember it, didn't stand out as any different to me. But that's beenat least 4 years since I shot it. In fact, sold it to someone here.

In any event, shoot it more, and if not satisfied with it...contact Walther. Unless you work on the trigger yourself. I'm not qualified, in any sense of the word, to do that myself. LOL. More of a buy, shoot, and clean sort of guy. I've really failed myself by not getting more involved with diagnostic and repairs of my firearms, and I regret it. But a little late now. Hands are getting a bit arthritic and my eyes ain't what they used to be!

So any issues I have, I yell for qualified help. And there's no shortage of that here.

Good luck getting this settled out.

• Like 1