It’s Football time in Tennessee

Sleep profit

On 1/12/2024 at 9:14 PM, Frog4aday said:

That was fast.

It had to be, or else all the talent would be rushing to the transfer portal just to make themselves eligible if nothing else.  Apparently the Alabama Athletic Director asked the team to give him 72hrs before making any moves, and in about 48hrs he delivered one of the best coaches in the game today. 

DeBoer has a crazy track record of success, so this is exactly the stabilizer needed for players and just as importantly, the boosters.  They'll be some moves as a few players follow him from Washington, and some Alabama ones move on, but the core of the team should want to stay in place.  That'll minimize the turbulence.  It's an undeniable win for Alabama and a testament to how serious they took their situation.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, btq96r said:

It had to be, or else all the talent would be rushing to the transfer portal just to make themselves eligible if nothing else.  Apparently the Alabama Athletic Director asked the team to give him 72hrs before making any moves, and in about 48hrs he delivered one of the best coaches in the game today. 

DeBoer has a crazy track record of success, so this is exactly the stabilizer needed for players and just as importantly, the boosters.  They'll be some moves as a few players follow him from Washington, and some Alabama ones move on, but the core of the team should want to stay in place.  That'll minimize the turbulence.  It's an undeniable win for Alabama and a testament to how serious they took their situation.

This is a very good hire!

I’m shocked Bond decided to leave for Texas after becoming a Bama legend with that 4th & 31 catch, and gaining a new head coach who’s definitely going to throw the ball. 

2 hours ago, Links2k said:

I'm shocked Bond decided to leave for Texas after becoming a Bama legend with that 4th & 31 catch, and gaining a new head coach who’s definitely going to throw the ball. 

It makes a lot of sense from Bond's perspective.  Steve Sarkisian's offense will be throwing the ball more than Alabama, and the Texas QB will be an upgrade over Alabama's if you're a WR looking to put together a lot of great draft tape.  He called it a business decision, and that's exactly correct since the monetary value of being a college legend is around $0.00 in real money.

5 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Steve Sarkisian's offense will be throwing the ball more than Alabama,

I'm not so sure about THAT.  At Washington, DeBoer employed a pass-first, big play offense. In fact, Washington's pass offense this past season was #1 in the nation.  I know that rubs against the SEC norm, but Alabama is going to throw.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Darrell said:

I'm not so sure about THAT.  At Washington, DeBoer employed a pass-first, big play offense. In fact, Washington's pass offense this past season was #1 in the nation.  I know that rubs against the SEC norm, but Alabama is going to throw.

It's gonna look different without Penix.  When you have a guy that good you throw it a lot.

They'll still throw more than usual for Alabama, but it won't be the same.

3 hours ago, Darrell said:

2 hours ago, btq96r said:

It's gonna look different without Penix.  When you have a guy that good you throw it a lot.

They'll still throw more than usual for Alabama, but it won't be the same.

I agree Darrell. DeBoer was a wide receiver, and I believe he will pass the ball a lot at Bama if he gets the right qb.  I don’t expect Milroe to be the quarterback next season. He holds on to the ball too long to be effective in a solid passing attack. 

I know it was a business decision for Bond, but I believe Bama would have ensured he received similar NIL money had he taken a call from DeBoer. I’m starting to think Bond would have gone into the portal even if Saban was still there.