Why you middle Tennessee types can't find ammo at Wallyworld

Guest Spuds

OHShoot, that info is out of date. Vending machines were changed over from gross recieprs rax to sales and use tax in 00-02, so all vending machine operators, whether blind or sighted, now pay tax. I collect and send to the state 9.75% of all sales .....

Not fl;aming, just clarifying as I am one of those blind venndors, and do pay ALL of my taxes. LOL

Thanks for clarification, HBM...

9.75%, not 9.25?

- OS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spuds

Hillbilly, I wasn't aware of that, and it could be the nature of the arrangement, i.e. TBE ignoring the exemption. The exemption remains as far as my copy of TCA Title 67 shows. Believe it was 8/02, +/- a month, when the vending stuff changed from gross receipts.

9.0, 9.25, 9.5, 9.75, the local municipalities each have their own add-on rate. I was griping about the Rutherford County 9.75 gouge the other day. 9.25 in my 'hood.

I was in the local wallyworld last night looking for ammo when an especially helpful clerk volunteered what all was coming in that evening, a bunch of Win value packs in 9mm and Blazer 45, some 38 special, and more still. Wanting some 9 & 45, I got there shortly after 8 only to hear the clerk said a guy was waiting for them when they came in and bought everything they received overnight.

9.0, 9.25, 9.5, 9.75, the local municipalities each have their own add-on rate. I was griping about the Rutherford County 9.75 gouge the other day. 9.25 in my 'hood....

Wow, didn't realize that anyone in the state was over 9.25%. Live and learn.

- OS

Guest joeharris

Sorry Spuds, about youre bad luck, it is sad that 1 person can buy so much and then turn around and sell it, at the next show for a huge profit!

I was in the local wallyworld last night looking for ammo when an especially helpful clerk volunteered what all was coming in that evening, a bunch of Win value packs in 9mm and Blazer 45, some 38 special, and more still. Wanting some 9 & 45, I got there shortly after 8 only to hear the clerk said a guy was waiting for them when they came in and bought everything they received overnight.

EXACT same thing to me as well...bought some WWB for a camping trip but only had a box...went back on Sat and was told that there would be a shipment coming in later in the evening...wife went by there for me at 6:30....all gone before it ever hit the floor...this will cause there to be limits placed on purchases if folks start screaming to mgmt that they can never get what they need...already hear of Wally Worlds that have a 2 box pp /per day limit so others can get what they need...

Guest superdrew4000
I know the Cool Springs Wal-Mart is limiting handgun ammo purchases to one box per caliber (at least that's what they've told me on three occasions in the last two months). The guy that's usually there said it was to stop these types of resellers. Obviously, not every Wal-Mart is doing it, though.

Murfreesboro Wallmart is limiting people to two boxes per purchase, but at least they have ammunition on the shelves now. If it's a choice between two boxes a day or none for a month and a half....

Right now my fellow gun owners / ammo hoarders worry me more than Obama. That's freakin' scary...

I was at WM one morning in NC and the owner of a local range was there buying $5k + worth of ammo. He must be paying an employee or something to alert him, b/c he was there right when the ammo came in. I asked him about it and he said he can't get it from his suppliers, so WM is the next best option. I told him I was planning on stopping by his shop and range for a bit on the way home, but had no ammo to use and wasn't about to pay his mark-up. He offered to let me buy 2 boxes of his hoard, but I politely declined and walked off...and to think I was considering a membership to this place.

Right now my fellow gun owners / ammo hoarders worry me more than Obama. That's freakin' scary...

My point exactly. This is getting freakin nuts. Obama and friends are loving this, it makes us all look like a bunch nut cases.

EVERYONE TAKE A DEEP BREATH, RELAX, and please stop acting like the apocalypse is upon us. If we don't, there will be an apocalypse on this this thing we enjoy so much.

Guest Bronker
I've been thinking the same thing. Someone here is trying to push the same buttons.:rolleyes:

Ooooh...do tell!

Elaboration on your speculation?

Guest Bronker
When you type like that I get a visual of those pink fluffy boa's or something....you gotta quit that man:D

I typed it real slow, because I know you don't read very fast. :rolleyes: