Senate is meeting now

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to capitol.tn.gov, the bill has been sent to the Senate calendar committee. The bill was in the senate judicary committee. They wouldn't send the bill back to the house based on a committee vote.

If the bill is passed by the senate, they will send it back to the house ONLY if the version passed by the house is different. Otherwise it goes to the governor.

Guest HexHead
Between the hours of 11:00p.m. and 5:00 a.m.

This is hysterical. We know all the BGs are home in bed at these hours of the AM.

How often are you in "restaurants" other than fast food after midnight?

Guest db99wj
How often are you in "restaurants" other than fast food after midnight?

That is a good point, IF you are a 9-5'r in bed by 10 kinda of a guy, maybe a little later on weekends, like I am. The curfew is no big deal for me in that respect. However, the problem is, one, it is a restriction that is stupid. Two, there are many people that work 2nd and 3rd shifts, that might be going to a 24 hour place that happens to serve, Or would like to anyway. It is probably not that big of a problem for these guys, since kitchens close, and most places are not open 24 hours other than some fast food places. But it could still be an issue for these guys.

Guest HexHead
Only when I worked in them. Other than that it was a bar and by the restriction of 18 and older that would be out.

Doesn't the law currently allow employees to carry in establishments that serve alcohol?

So would that screw me when I get off at10pm and go to Waffle House? Or is this just places that serve alcohol?

The law is just about places serving alcohol. With that said, I saw the following posted on another site in reference to Waffle House.

To: xxxxxx From: Waffle House Service <wafflehouse.service@na.ko.com> Date: 03/09/2009 09:07PM Subject: RE: Firearms in your restaurant Dear Mr. Christopherson: At the Waffle House Guest Response Line, we received your inquiry today regarding our firearm policy. Thank you for taking the time to send us your question. No fire arms, guns, knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property, except in the possession of a law enforcement officer (with proper identification and credentials and/or in uniform) or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant. Even if the customer has a license to carry a concealed weapon, this does NOT give them the right to carry it on to private property, such as Waffle House restaurants. Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Christopherson. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon. Sincerely, Kelly Waffle House Customer Support
Guest truthsayer

For some of us, the curfew is a really big deal. I play in bars all the time. Usually I'm there playing until 1:30 or 2. Being legally disarmed while having to transport cash and equipment is not a good feeling.

The law is just about places serving alcohol. With that said, I saw the following posted on another site in reference to Waffle House.

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">To: xxxxxx From: Waffle House Service <WAFFLEHOUSE.SERVICE@NA.KO.COM>Date: 03/09/2009 09:07PM Subject: RE: Firearms in your restaurant Dear Mr. Christopherson: At the Waffle House Guest Response Line, we received your inquiry today regarding our firearm policy. Thank you for taking the time to send us your question. No fire arms, guns, knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property, except in the possession of a law enforcement officer (with proper identification and credentials and/or in uniform) or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant. Even if the customer has a license to carry a concealed weapon, this does NOT give them the right to carry it on to private property, such as Waffle House restaurants. Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Christopherson. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon. Sincerely, Kelly Waffle House Customer Support </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message -->Is that ALL Waffle Houses? Guess I missed the appropriate signage the last time I was in Winchester visiting Hero Gear. I felt very secure eating my waffles and eggs with my "Sig representative". :P

For some of us, the curfew is a really big deal. I play in bars all the time. Usually I'm there playing until 1:30 or 2. Being legally disarmed while having to transport cash and equipment is not a good feeling.

Of course one thing that affects bars is the "age-restricted" thing as well.

Hopefully both restrictions will be removed from the final outcome.

Guest archerdr1
Quote:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">To: xxxxxx From: Waffle House Service <wafflehouse.service@na.ko.com>Date: 03/09/2009 09:07PM Subject: RE: Firearms in your restaurant Dear Mr. Christopherson: At the Waffle House Guest Response Line, we received your inquiry today regarding our firearm policy. Thank you for taking the time to send us your question. No fire arms, guns, knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property, except in the possession of a law enforcement officer (with proper identification and credentials and/or in uniform) or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant. Even if the customer has a license to carry a concealed weapon, this does NOT give them the right to carry it on to private property, such as Waffle House restaurants. Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Christopherson. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon. Sincerely, Kelly Waffle House Customer Support

</wafflehouse.service@na.ko.com></td></tr></tbody></table>

<!-- / message -->Is that ALL Waffle Houses? Guess I missed the appropriate signage the last time I was in Winchester visiting Hero Gear. I felt very secure eating my waffles and eggs with my "Sig representative". :P

I have yet to see a waffle house that is "Properly posted". It is usually on a small yellow sign that is either on the side of the building directly under a security light about 10 ft high and is so small that you have to squint to read it, or might be on a light pole.

Guest Whiskers

The last time I stopped in a Waffle House.... several years ago on the West side of Nashville, I was told by a big cockroach that I should leave and take my gun with me. I haven't been to one since.

Guest KevinM

Hum....I carry in them all the time. And I've looked for a sign. But now I'm not sure if I'll ever set foot in one ever again. Oh well...Shoney's anyone?

Guest tedbo
Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">To: xxxxxx From: Waffle House Service <WAFFLEHOUSE.SERVICE@NA.KO.COM>question. No fire arms, guns, knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property, such as Waffle House restaurants.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message --> :up:

Uh,oh! Does that mean we have to eat with our fingers? Inner Viking here I come!

I think their coffee can be a pretty dangerous weapon at times.

Toothpicks!! What about the freakin' toothpicks? They can be dangerous too!

:up:

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">To: xxxxxx From: Waffle House Service <WAFFLEHOUSE.SERVICE@NA.KO.COM>Date: 03/09/2009 09:07PM Subject: RE: Firearms in your restaurant Dear Mr. Christopherson: At the Waffle House Guest Response Line, we received your inquiry today regarding our firearm policy. Thank you for taking the time to send us your question. No fire arms, guns, knives or other potentially dangerous weapons of any kind are allowed on Waffle House property, except in the possession of a law enforcement officer (with proper identification and credentials and/or in uniform) or a security guard (in uniform). Anyone else is asked to leave their weapon locked in their car while dining in the restaurant. Even if the customer has a license to carry a concealed weapon, this does NOT give them the right to carry it on to private property, such as Waffle House restaurants. Thanks so much for writing, Mr. Christopherson. We appreciate your interest and look forward to seeing you in one of our neighborhood restaurants soon. Sincerely, Kelly Waffle House Customer Support </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message -->Is that ALL Waffle Houses? Guess I missed the appropriate signage the last time I was in Winchester visiting Hero Gear. I felt very secure eating my waffles and eggs with my "Sig representative". :up:

According to the discussion, it's a company policy. I can't remember the last time I actually ate at a Waffle House, so I don't know if any are properly posted or not. Of course, if I noticed they weren't, I wouldn't mention it to them. ;-)