Who has had knee replacements?

Hang in there boatman. My left knee is not as good as what God gave me, but much better that all the pain with the old one. I will do it again when needed. My right knee is pretty bad but still responding to the shots every now and then. I don't think it will be long before I have to have it replaced. 

Go next week to get my left shoulder scoped because it is full of bone spurs, arthritis, and neve impingement, with a lot of pain in it. Just getting over Coved, and had to postpone the shoulder surgery. The coved was not as bad as the ear infection that came along with it. Still fighting the ear infection. I am on the second regiment of antibiotic, and it is slowly improving. 

As you know, gittin old is not for sissies. "Hang tuff boatman.

• Like 1

I had meniscus surgery done about 15 years ago and now that knee is starting to bother me some. I knew that it meant I may need knee replacement at some point.  I think I will wait as many more years as I can until the pain is unbearable. That way I’m already used to the pain, lol. 

This won't be helpful for some of you, but for others who are considering knee surgery, see if you qualify for a partial knee replacement.  Most surgeons want to do the full knee replacement, so you may have to look around to find someone who will do yours.  But if you qualify for the partial replacement, it's a much less invasive procedure, and you'll be up and walking in a day and fully recovered within weeks instead of months.

Cheers,

Whisper

• Thanks 1

Partial knee replacement is not for everyone.  The knee is comprised of 3 compartments. If the medial or lateral compartment is the only one involved, then yes a partial may be helpful. But if more than one involved, then not the solution.

I've had both replaced and in spite of the pain and the damn pain pills it's the best thing I've done. I hurt and limped around for a long time. Now no pain.

You must be serious about your rehab.

Also, you really need to do some ongoing exercises. My daily routine includes a morning walk of at least an hour. Every day. The dog makes sure we do a pretty rapid pace.

Best wishes!

• Like 1