New brass or buy loaded ammo and save it?

Just curious what everyone else does. I just picked up a new caliber (.38 Super) and am trying to decide which way to go for brass. I usually just buy loaded ammo and save that brass, then I slowly build up a supply 50 or 100 rounds at a time. I’ve occasionally bought range brass for stuff like 10mm, but have never bought new brass. I’m considering new for this one because it seems like there are 3 or 4 different headstamps for .38 Super (Super, +P, Super Comp, and TG) all of the brass is basically the same strength, but SC and TG are rimless and TG has a larger opening for the extractor hook. Anyway, because of that I’m considering buying new Starline brass for the first time. Just curious what everyone else trends toward. 

Edited by Thursty

Sometimes it works out well with rifles.

I ran a bunch of hornady American Gunner 6.5cm ammo and saved the brass for load development.  At that time, it was reasonably priced and reasonably accurate to have a lot of fun with especially inside 500 yards.

I use range pick up brass for 9mm (and sort it to remove Norma & Geco).

.38/.357 I've saved over the years.

But when I started loading .32 S&W Long and .32 H&R Mag I ordered Starline brass. The Starline is excellent quality and reasonably priced. .32 S&W and .32 H&R Mag loaded ammo was just too expensive for me to shoot and save the brass, so that point helped in my decision making. 

As a matter of fact I have some Starline .32 H&R mag brass scheduled to arrive today.

.38 Super? Yeah, I'd go with Starline.

13 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Starline is a fabulous company that produces wonderful brass at a competitive price. You won’t be sorry if you go that direction.

I use Starline. Can't beat it. I use it on .223 & .40 S&W. No issues.

Due to the scarcity of .38 Super and the difference in head design I would buy new brass and load. Don't find very much .38Sup. at the range, at least where I shoot. What type of firearm is it, 1911?