New Generation Colt Revolvers

I was excited when I heard the Blued Pythons were being released. I am not a fan of the long barrels so 5 inches is about the longest I would want. There are many pictures online of the new 4.25 Python that show two rib vents I have attached a snip it. 

I spoke with a Colt representative who confirmed the one in the picture is not what you will be buying, it has 3 Vents, for lack of a better word. She also told me that for the Python line they intend to release all barrel sizes that are offered in stainless. 

I currently have a King Cobra 2 inch stainless, and a Combat Elite Python. I will soon have a second Combat Elite and a 4.25 Anaconda. When Colt releases the other Blued Pythons, I will more than likely pick up a 3 and a 5 inch. If Colt would have made the 4.25 like the original, or the new one pictured here, I would already own one. In my experience these Pistols are amazing with one Flaw, the rear sight. Wilson combat makes an excellent replacement rear adjustable. 

Screenshot 2024-05-12 060653.png

I've been very interested in these since they first came out. Now that they're doing them in Blue, I may well buy one. But then again, I may wait for the 5" in blue. Either way, I've yet to actually see one for real. Once I get one in my hands is when the decision will actually be made. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I've been very interested in these since they first came out. Now that they're doing them in Blue, I may well buy one. But then again, I may wait for the 5" in blue. Either way, I've yet to actually see one for real. Once I get one in my hands is when the decision will actually be made. 

I felt the exact same way before buying my King Cobra, I rolled the dice and bought it before ever seeing one but after having that for a while the Python Combat Elite came out and I knew I would love it. I think once you put one in your hand you will agree with me 

Edited by willis68

I'm mainly a S&W guy. I collect those and have a bunch of 'em. 😁

But I do own some Colts too. Including a 1975 6" blue Python. I like 'em. 👍

At this point I think that more than likely I will buy one. But as I said, so far I've never held one. 🙄

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

I'm mainly a S&W guy. I collect those and have a bunch of 'em. 😁

But I do own some Colts too. Including a 1975 6" blue Python. I like 'em. 👍

At this point I think that more than likely I will buy one. But as I said, so far I've never held one. 🙄

I love the older Smith and Wesson Revolvers, Pre trigger lock. I called Smith and Wesson a few years ago and begged them to build me a 686 Plus with no trigger lock installed. I even said I would be happy to pay more money if they wanted to consider it a custom order. They refused which broke my heart. I love the new Model 19 Carry Comp revolver, so I called them again and offered to pay more once more they refused, that just reinforced my love for the Colts

I would love to see a picture of your Python, man do I love the old ones!

Edited by willis68

Here's a pic of my meager Colt collection. I'm afraid that they only pic of the Python I have currently. That's it at the top.

9Xoogwc.jpg

I hear ya about the S&Ws. I have a safe full of 'em and there ain't a single lock in the bunch. I only have one with any MIM parts. 😉 S&W ain't what they used to be. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Here's a pic of my meager Colt collection. I'm afraid that they only pic of the Python I have currently. That's it at the top.

9Xoogwc.jpg

I hear ya about the S&Ws. I have a safe full of 'em and there ain't a single lock in the bunch. I only have one with any MIM parts. 😉 S&W ain't what they used to be. 🙄

Gorgeous, Yes S&W needs to back to their old ways!

Posted (edited)

I am considering getting a 4inch Python in stainless next, it would be cool owning both an Anaconda and a Python with 4.25 barrels, so I may just do that

Edited by willis68
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

If Colt would chamber the new Anaconda in .45 Colt, I would absolutely buy one. 👍

I love my old anaconda in 45 colt. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I still have my 4.25 Anaconda coming, but the up-and-coming new Colt Kodiak has me thinking about adding another .44 magnum in 4.25 inch to the stable

• Like 1
On 5/19/2024 at 1:42 PM, Sleep profit said:

the new viper looks a little like a Smith model 19 to me though 

Actually, it looks exactly like a stainless version of the 4th Issue Police Positive. Check my picture above. That's it on the bottom left. 😉

There's also a couple of Diamondbacks in that same pic. 4" .38 and a 6" .22. Yeah, I'd like to see Colt bring those back as well. 👍

• Like 1