Middle Tennsseans, where are you banking?

Alright, Middle TN folks...what bank do you use? I've been with US Bank for about five years now, and I'm ready to change. Horrible service, along with corporately supporting things I disagree with. I'd like to go with a smaller, more local or regional bank. Any suggestions?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

For the Sumner region you're in, I hear good things about Wilson Bank and Trust.

Also 5/3 banks are popping up seem nice.

I use US Bank and Regions here in Murfreesboro

A friend of mine uses First Tennessee, but after they failed to transfer money between his accounts twice (he had a transfer receipt both times), I have to admit I'm less than impressed.

Should just do it online.

That has never failed me.

Although First Tn has certainly pulled some hinky stuff on me through the years.

- OS

Ascend wouldn't cash a check for me once because it was more than my average balance since I had not been using my account there recently....so I said give me my 7$ balance and see you later after having an account there for 24 years (since I was 12).

Got a better auto loan rate at Regions so went with them and am still currently using them.....but wrote a check a couple of years ago to a college buddy of mine for season tickets and the Regions in Knoxville wanted 5 $ to cash it for him....and even had the audacity to explain to him that if he was a customer he wouldn't be charged the 5$ fee....and of course he asked them why would he want to bank somewhere that charged 5$ to cash a check on their bank?

I am with you Paletiger.....they are all the devil...lol

Guest JHatmaker

Southeast Financial Credit Union

Credit Union's (any CU) are the best (in my opinion), as far as customer service, good rates, etc.

While I'm partial to mine, I'd recommend to anyone looking to switch to try one out.

Guest kdpate

Using Regions here. Likeothers started with them when it was First American then AmSouth. I have an account in Knoxville at Home Fedeal still just in case.

Guest Ghostrider

I use 1st Tennessee and haven't had any problems so far. I do 99% of my banking on line.

I used Union Planters and they were great - got bought by Regions - so/so - Amsouth came in and it turned to crap in a basket. Their web site if set up so if you're the least bit color blind it gives you a blinding headache trying to use it.

I sent them several emails and even told them they were not 508 compliant, which they weren't. No response whatsoever, other than I mentioned it once to a clerk and she said "the website is a separate business from the bank" WTF?

So they were concerned only when I closed all my accounts and took my money to 1st Tn. I only have checking with them since they are local.

I have an account at Pentagon Fed. Credit Union I've had since Active Duty time (a LONG time) and do all my "serious" banking with them. I'd use them 100% if they had a cash machine in town.

Guest db99wj
Renasant Bank. I am a big supporter of local banks that know who you are when you come in. They also don't charge ME any fees for THEM using my money. Novel concept.:rofl:

Renasant started in Memphis (Community Commercial then changed name to Renasant), then merged with Peoples Bank and Trust out of Tupelo, kept the Renasant name)and have expanded. Good bank, good people, good strong background. The president here in Memphis is a good guy.

Regions is Amsouth now. Trust me on this. I worked for them for two years. When Regions and Amsouth merged, the fee structure, the product line, the management, the IT systems, the top brass are all AmSouth. CEO Dowd Ritter is from AmSouth and so is most of the high level executives. The kept the Regions name due to Regions having a positive name recognition status whereas, Amsouth didn't.

I bank with Suntrust, and it's been all good. Great rate on my 2nd mtg a couple years ago, no fees of any kind, and I'm friends with every bank manager in the area. Interest (albeit small) on my checking account, too!

I WAS with AmSouth/Regions, but had a number of less than stellar interactions with the local management. When the one person I liked, the lady at the teller window, quit there because she didn't like management either I moved my accounts.

I've been happy as a clam at Suntrust, and they also have a branch right near my parent's house in Miami, FL so I can bank as normal when I go to visit them.

If you are in the Rutherford area and need personal banking assistance, call Lina Culps at 459-8621. If you need business banking help, call Julie Markus at 355-7365 and tell them James at Farmers Insurance sent you. They'll hook you up.