Trust paypal???

Guest KWW67

Guest KWW67

I have been meaning to enroll into the Benefactor thing but I don't know if I trust pay pal. I got a notice one time someone tried to use my old account and have been a little weary since. Anyone got any suggestions or comments?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

I got that similar thing 3-4 years ago about the account having attempted hacks and I closed it then.

Registered a new account about a year ago...haven't had any issues with it since to date.

I've run at least 50 grand through PayPal through the years, starting before eBay even owned it. Never a prob, although you must be careful if selling gun stuff of any kind.

You will get a notice if anyone tries to log in on your account name and fails after several attempts, or over several times, or something...I forget just the circumstances...that's normal, and sometimes it's just someone who has a similar name that has misspelled it, whatever.

Obviously, if your puter is ever compromised from afar with the right spyware/malware, or even locally by actual person at the keyboard, ANY username/password combo, credit card numbers, whatever, on it is at risk. The most common "hack" is still simple phising scam, where you go to bogus website and enter info yourself.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I've had a PayPal account for over 5yrs, and I've never had an issue with it.

A few months ago, I attempted to buy some things off ebay through "Buy It Now" auctions. After having payed both vendors, I got email notices from ebay informing me that the accounts were hacked, and the users accounts were now suspended.

I informed PayPal, and I had all my money back in less than 3 days.

You can get a secure key from paypal for (I think) $5. Its a one time fee and then you must provide your username, password and 6 digit code from the secure key to log in.

The only other way to log in is to request paypal call you on a number you provided when you were logged in with the secure key. Basically it means you can only access your account with the key.

I've put lots of $$ through paypal over the years.

Guest OttoMaddox

I've been a frqaud victim twice via paypal. This is only a problem if you are an e bay seller. PM if anyone wants more details. They have cost me almost $500.

Guest TargetShooter84

Thing is.....i use paypal for personal transactions with people I know or amazon.com....but rarely use it for ebay stuff....

Guest cjames38464

i use it on a regular basis to order...It puts one more layer between you and a bad deal...1 you have the fraud protection from your Credit card (side note NEVER use the Check/debit card as such, always use it as a CC Card)

• Administrator

I've used Paypal since it started. I use it as a method of payment on three forums and have had hundreds of transactions through it. I've even used them to resolve a few disputes for goods on eBay that never arrived or arrived in horrible shape. No problems with them at all.

BUT, if you want to mail a money order for Benefactor status, you can.

TGO

PO Box 2664

Smyrna, TN 37167

:P

I have used pay pal for about a year,the only glitch I had was when trying to purchase a set of grips at Range USA,pay pal denied payment,when I called to ask why the nice girl on the phone said it was due to a firearm related purchase,so they bumped it,which in turned made me see red.:P

Guest Policek9Trainer

I too have use paypal a LOT over the years, wasn't too keen on ebay acquiring them but that's life.

I use paypal, never a problem. I just don't buy stuff not allowed by their rules;). It's not that they are anti gun, it's their lawyers trying to cover their butts.

I know, but I come back to what good ole Ben Franklin said.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I think that really applies to this company. Nothing illegal about selling this firearm related gear. Yet they choose to purchase their safety at the expense of liberty.

I know, but I come back to what good ole Ben Franklin said.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I think that really applies to this company. Nothing illegal about selling this firearm related gear. Yet they choose to purchase their safety at the expense of liberty.

I also live by the creed "what they don't know won't hurt them":p

I have had a Paypal account for 7-8 years and have only had one problem. Earlier this year someone found a way to use my account to sign up for a Skype account. They were somewhere in the Southern part of California. Luckily I was able to shut them down quick.

Paypal sent me a Secure Key at no charge and refunded the charges next day. No problems since.