"News" 2 at it again

dunndw

They had a story on last night about a guy who took a few shots at some punks trying to steal his truck(bad..they were running away when he fired...now he's in hot water)

According to the news he fired his 40MM pistol at the guys, the rounds penetrated through two walls of a house and hit the dirt in front of a guy sitting on the side of his house. I'm sure it was a 40 cal. Glock or something similar. I guess the reporter had once heard of a 9mm, and a "40" and just combined the two.

The only thing I could think of is if he would have used a 40MM it would have taken care of the perps...the house and the fella sitting on the other side

The only good thing from the story was it showed 1st hand a very good example of over penetration of a pistol caliber round. You can't even hide behind a new construction house and be protected.

Gimme brick!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heaven forbid that a news agency actually get their facts and terminology straight... Heh!

As to the story, I didn't see it, but if the shooter did fire at retreating BGs, he should pay the penalty for doing so... But, if he fired while they were potentially an immediate threat to him while attempting to steal the vehicle, and within the curtilage of his home, and they subsequently ran... I see no issue.

If it was a 40mm... I can't believe that he missed!

No mention if he was a permit holder or not. Regardless...he screwed the pooch on this one. I just with they would at least ONCE have their facts straight.

Funny...the metro council passed 4 new taxes last night to pay for a convention center that isn't even on paper yet and the said nothing about it.

This poor schmuck put two into his neighbors house and they're out there giving us the play by play all the way down to where the round struck the dirt in front of some guy

I wouldnt consider confusing 40mm with 40cal a real error in fact. Stupid and ignorant, yes. But what do you expect from people who dont know much about it? If they had reported it as a "40mm automatic assault pistol" that would be really an error.

As for Metro council, no. No one reports when they raise taxes. The media are of the opinion that Tennesseans pay way too little in taxes. The proof is that everyone else pays more. Therefore more taxes is good because it "puts us in line with other states."

Guest Disney
We got a phone call at like four in the morning or something from a neighbor telling him someone is trying to steal our truck............One of the bullets shot through one of the homes, ended up coming out the other side and striking the ground right in front of where a gentleman, who lives in the second home, was sitting.......................“It hit the dirt in front of him and actually kicked dirt on him as he was setting there. This ended up, the guy going from a victimto a suspect.”............................ Police said bullets also struck a busy kitchen area of one of the two homes damaged by the gunfire.

I think the question we should all be asking is what the hell were all these people in Lavergne doing up at 4:00AM??!!! I think the whole neighborhood was in on the deal to steal these wheels!!! I bet dude has some DONK ride with some 39's or something on it and the neighbors were just jealous.

Maybe Tennessee should be like Texas, where you can shoot at people trying to steal your truck. I don't know if you can shoot at them as they retreat though.

Some years ago (many years ago) one of my uncles in Atlanta shot a burglar who was breaking into a neighbor's house - from across the street. Going to court about it, the judge told my uncle that next time he should aim better. I don't think that would happen today.

The guy was an idiot and should be arrested for reckless conduct.

There was no problem with “over penetrationâ€. The problem was that this guy started cranking off rounds with total disregard for the safety of anyone around him.

This is the kind of clown that has caused most states to remove the ability to protect property with deadly force.

If I was the responding Officer I would have arrested him.

Disclaimer: My remarks are based on what you posted, I didn’t see the news report and don’t have any other knowledge of the event. :woohoo:

update..........

"LaVergne Man Faces Charges For Firing At Thieves"

A LaVergne man is facing charges after shooting at two alleged thieves.

The bullets struck two nearby homes and one almost hit a neighbor.

Jasyma Marshall believes her husband Hadeous fired a .40 millimeter pistol from their home early Tuesday in order to protect his family.

She said, “We got a phone call at like four in the morning or something from a neighbor telling him someone is trying to steal our truck, so he does not know what's going on… we are in a dead sleep, so all he is thinking is I need to protect my family or whatever is going on…â€

Jasyma Marshall, who lives LaVergne’s Lake Forest subdivision, said her husband first fired at the suspects from a window above the door.

The suspects were allegedly in the driveway, trying to steal the wheels off his car.

Upon hearing the shots, the suspects fled across the street, behind two homes.

One of the bullets shot through one of the homes, ended up coming out the other side and striking the ground right in front of where a gentleman, who lives in the second home, was sitting.

LaVergne Police Chief Ted Boyd said, “It hit the dirt in front of him and actually kicked dirt on him as he was setting there. This ended up, the guy going from a victimto a suspect.â€

Police said bullets also struck a busy kitchen area of one of the two homes damaged by the gunfire.

Jasyma Marshall said, “I know that he's sorry that it happened he told me never meant for him to use his gun…. He just had it to make him feel better; make us feel better.â€

Chief Boyd said, “He realized he done the wrong thing but you can't recall those bullets once they leave the gun.â€

The neighbors in the Lake Forest subdivision whose homes were struck by the gunfire declined to comment about the frightening incident.

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/lavergne-man-faces-charges-for-firing-at-thieves/111533.htm

said her husband first fired at the suspects from a window above the door.

We can probably assume the car was in the driveway... how on earth could it go through a house at that angle? Would a .40 have enough power after a ricochet to go through a house?

We can probably assume the car was in the driveway... how on earth could it go through a house at that angle? Would a .40 have enough power after a ricochet to go through a house?

It is my understanding that the two suspects ran between two houses across the street and the guy kept firing. The neighbor that was almost hit was sitting on his porch behind the two houses the suspects ran between. But the news stories weren’t that clear so I could be wrong.

Guest Phantom6
Hadeous?

The guy needs to be sentenced to a week's worth of marksmanship training.

Yup. His marksmanship left two unscathed. You might even say that his marksmanship really was quite Hadeous ...er, ah ... hideous. :rofl:

His mother and father should be whipped as well for naming him Hadeous! :D