So if the long gun bill passes...

... how are you going to carry yours? I'm obviously going to pick up an extra 870 to leave in the car, but mounting seems to be the tricky part. All the devices I'm finding online are built for police cars and have electric locks or timers (still don't get that one). I want something I can grab and go, but can be concealed.

So does anybody have any great MacGyver plans?

buk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coldblackwind

If I feel I'm someplace that I would need to have a long arm in the car, in addition to a handgun, I'm thinking right next to me, where I can stroke it lovingly :rofl:. By the way there big man, you're gonna have to get off your butt and get that carry permit before it does you any good.

I have a friend that's LEO. He mounts his shotgun in an OverHead Rack in his truck. The darkly tinted windows help.

I'm not suggesting it, but it is an option.

This under seat storage system has promise.

The more I search, the more options I keep finding... Cabela's has several listed...

I have room behind the seat of my truck, and my SG or Carbine would still be easily accessible. I've carried a LG behind the seat in more "long gun" friendly states that I've lived or worked in.

Hopefully TN will soon be one of those.:(

even Walmart carries them...whaddaknow..

I have no intention of riding around with a rifle or shotgun in my truck on a day to day basis.

But it will be nice to be able to keep all the ammo and long guns in the cab of the truck when I go on the road to shoot somewhere.

Guest Halfpint

The Eclipse is going away, so I'll be back to just my Mustang (one week! ;) ) . . . Rear-seat delete kit is already in it, with a flip-up lid. Looks just like a regular RSD, the hinges are half hidden behind the rear panel.

Now I just have to decide between the 870 and the AR!

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I am pretty sure that the only time I will carry a loaded long gun is during hunting season when driving to/from camp or between stands etc... It will just make life that much easier and quieter for hunting so that I don't have to make noise chambering a round etc... when I get to the woods.

Guest 270win

I would not leave a loaded long gun in my car trunk in any major city. I hate leaving firearms in cars where they can be stolen. It is interesting how this law does not allow one to all out carry a loaded long gun...such as slung over your back....but only in the vehicle. It appears it would still have to be unloaded when you get the firearm out of your car at say a public parking lot to show it to a buyer to sell.

Long guns are not considered weapons in many states. I can legally walk down the road with one loaded without any sort of license back home in Arkansas. I did walk down the road at times when going to the woods to just have a shotgun with me. I don't see TN making that practice legal, unless you fall under the hunting, fishing, target shooting, outdoor activities exemption (which i probably would fall under). It would be much more convenient if Tennessee took long guns out of the weapon category. Technically you can have a loaded long gun anywhere on college campuses in Arkansas because, again, they are not weapons. Students can get kicked out of school for breaking school 'policies'...but nothing legally could happen to a visitor other than being asked to leave.

I will probably just leave a long gun loaded when driving to my hunting spot. It is a lot easier for a lot of reasons.

Edited by 270win