• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this Cheek's you speak of?

Mike.357 I got your PM on ammunitiontogo I have bought through them before but think I can find it just a bit cheaper if I keep looking.

Maybe locally if I can find this Cheek's place and save on shipping.

the deal from ammotogo worked out to be 106 bucks delivered.

The Czech stuff Garufa posted is a pretty fair deal.

Post up what you find out there.

I can add to the Mosin hype. I shot the 91/30 today. Was banging a plate target at 200 yards. Probably got 20 rounds through it when a casing split apart.

that casing, or the remnant of it is stuck in the chamber. Not sure how I am going to get it out. But at least I know what I can do tonight. That and throw out the remains of that particular ammo. Have had lots of trouble with it over the 440 rounds I had bought a couple years ago.

The only real disappointment was I had planned on putting over 100 rounds through it today and did not get to do that.

That split casing is stuck like it is welded in place. Maybe now that the rifle has cooled it will come out.

Guest SUNTZU
I can add to the Mosin hype. I shot the 91/30 today. Was banging a plate target at 200 yards. Probably got 20 rounds through it when a casing split apart.

that casing, or the remnant of it is stuck in the chamber. Not sure how I am going to get it out. But at least I know what I can do tonight. That and throw out the remains of that particular ammo. Have had lots of trouble with it over the 440 rounds I had bought a couple years ago.

The only real disappointment was I had planned on putting over 100 rounds through it today and did not get to do that.

That split casing is stuck like it is welded in place. Maybe now that the rifle has cooled it will come out.

Do you have a broken shell extractor?

7.62X54R Broken Shell Extractor - FREE SHIPPING - $12.00 : Buymilsurp.com, Your source for military surplus.

that thing ain't gonna work. well maybe it would but I don't have one. aside from that I don't think it could grab what remains of this casing that is in the chamber.

I have not messed with it yet. Still easing into gun cleaning.

You spinner survived. No holes or dents. Just needs a new custom paint job.

classic stuff Daniel. I stopped reading when it mentioned molten lead.

I am thinking I do not need to be messing with molten lead.

I am also thinking a long thin screwdriver blade might be of use. or the tip of a long awl. Something to catch the edge of the broken piece.

I managed to get a piece of it out at the range just scraping the cleaning rod around a bit in the chamber.

Try flooding the chamber with oil for a while. Something like WD-40 or Kroil (got some if you want to try) that penetrates and maybe can get under the shell piece. Then I'd attach .45 caliber bore brush to a length of cleaning rod and affix that to a drill and try to ream that thing out.

Might try plugging the barrel just in front of the chamber with a big wad of patch and see if you can get a pool of oil built up in the chamber.

I'm sure you're already going down that route.....

Edited by Garufa

I'm sure you're already going down that route.....

actually that is the next futile attempt.

I currently am trying to get a lip going on the broken edge by using a piece of metal coathanger. Some success but I think it is not the answer. Breaking the dental tool did not seem to work well either.

PS. I have some industrial penetrant, it worked well on rusted parts on the quad once. I am going to try that now.

Guest Gun Geek

If all else fails go down to Advance Auto Parts (should be open till 9) - take an empty cut case,,, and get a bolt EZ-Out that is about the same size - It is worth a shot and at least you dont have to wait for results by ordering a broken case extractor.

Guest Gun Geek

Oh Just to add - I shot my m44 today - about 50 rnds through it most I have ever shot in one range session through it - I love this gun. Accurate, I watched the bullet split the grass on the way down the range and it kicks like a mule. Great stuff.