Make sure Bronker has a sledge hammer and mint oil on hand!

If I bring all of mine, we gotz 5 of them bad boys to pound with! Can you say volley fire?

On a serious note, I'm bringing the 4 wheeler so we can set up and check some longer range targets. Do either of you have a gong type target? That's the quickest way to know your on target. I got nothing of this type at this time.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jcochran88
Make sure Bronker has a sledge hammer and mint oil on hand!

If I bring all of mine, we gotz 5 of them bad boys to pound with! Can you say volley fire?

On a serious note, I'm bringing the 4 wheeler so we can set up and check some longer range targets. Do either of you have a gong type target? That's the quickest way to know your on target. I got nothing of this type at this time.

no but i will see what I can do.

I like the idea of using a quad to check targets. Hates the walking part of it.

I/we have two of them. a 325 2x4 and a 500 4x4. The 500 is a death machine.

A big old gong is perfect. You can really hear the hits.

Well the little tool to remove the broken casing came today.

I skipped the wintergreen oil, figured whatever penetrant I had used would have worked in by now anyway.

I slid the extractor into the chamber and slammed the bolt forward, it shut tight. I went to pull back slowly on the bolt and it would not budge. I kind of figured if would be difficult and it was. I took the mallet I was given by Towerclimber a while back and gave the bolt a sharp wack. Sure enough it pulled back and ejected the tool like it was a spent casing. I fetched it off the floor and the broken casing was in place in the tool. The rifle ought to be good to go now.

New problem though. How in the heck to get the broken case off the tool. I am sure I can come up with something to solve that riddle.

I am just happy the thing worked as advertised. I wish I had bought it a long time ago. I am guessing it will come in handy some time down the road again.

Edited by Mike.357
I fetched it off the floor and the broken casing was in place in the tool. The rifle ought to be good to go now...

Hot Damn! Good for you!

New problem though. How in the heck to get the broken case off the tool. I am sure I can come up with something to solve that riddle.

Yeah, well, that oughtta be a lesser prob. At least you can work on it in the open.

- OS

I'm glad that worked out. You would be such a pain if you got to jonesing for another week over that rifle!:)

on another note, I picked up a tin of 440 Bulgarian today at Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet. 114.00 for the tin plus tax but with shipping I'm not that far over what it would have taken to get some sent to my house. Plus I got to see what was in the tin as they had another one open. 7.99 for 20 if you want the small wrapped ones.

Good deal Rightwinger, nothing like a sealed can of ammo to put a smile on a persons face.

I believe my tin is coming tomorrow. No doubt I will peal it open. Who knows maybe I will exhibit some maturity and save it until I need it. Ah who am I kidding? LOL

Yep OS, it is stuck like Chuck on the tool, but it is out in the open. I am thinking the rotary tool, or even a hack saw blade will take care of it.

The stuck piece is about 3/4 of an inch long. No way would I have gotten it out without this extractor tool.

Guest 70below

Well I'll be.....you mean those things actually work? I've never had to try one before, I was honestly a bit skeptical. Glad to hear it popped it out!

Guest reaper1880

i have a finn sako m39 thatwith open sights out to 200 yds is dead on. got for $75 in 96 now worth over $400 not bad at all. i also have a scoped 91/30 that shoots well

okay, the sharpest tool in the drawer was not needed to remove the broke casing from the extractor tool.

Simply unscrew the base of the thingy and slip the broken casing right off. DUH

Edited by Mike.357
I too was skeptical about the tool. Glad it worked out.

So was the remaining case split all the way up to the mouth or was it intact?

the remaining case was intact.

The little $10 tool worked great. I should have bought it years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

good shooting mrnick. Nice looking target.

I put a major hurt on some paper this afternoon. Doubt mine looked as good as yours, but from 100 yards a deer would have been down for the count and Nazis would have been getting the heck out of Stalingrad.

I am really thinking the 91/30 is my favorite rifle.

Might need some piano wire to stop the forestock from splitting, but I don't mind.

good shooting mrnick. Nice looking target.

I put a major hurt on some paper this afternoon. Doubt mine looked as good as yours, but from 100 yards a deer would have been down for the count and Nazis would have been getting the heck out of Stalingrad.

I am really thinking the 91/30 is my favorite rifle.

Might need some piano wire to stop the forestock from splitting, but I don't mind.

I bought an AR a few months ago, but I only have a couple hundred rounds through it, and it has stayed home on the last two range trips. The AR is more accurate, and much cooler looking, but my mosin is by far my favorite gun to shoot these days too. I just ordered 800 rounds of czech surplus today to make sure I won't run out of ammo for it anytime soon. It's also nice to shoot a rifle that is only .20 cents a round, too.

I put mojo peep sights on mine, because the front blade sight was too high. They are a nice touch for range shooting, especially with round black targets.